Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hadn't hand washed a car since I can't remember when. Still, I knew I wasn't going to take my new baby to the car wash to get scratched up. Have been following posts on detailing, especially by Glen e, and sent him an email. He responded with a list of how to links and what you need. More importantly, he offered to take phone calls to answer questions!!!!

After loading up on supplies at autogeek, watching a few instructional videos on how to use a dual action orbital polisher, worked up the nerve to actually massage the Princess, and took Glen up on his offer to call for further info, decided to detail Her this weekend. Between initial call and call halfway through, he spent about 45 minutes talking me through it as well as providing a lot of additional car care tips

Washed car and wheels with Dawn, clayed car with clay towel, applied Black Fire Total Polish and Seal using DAO polisher (it was easy!), and then applied Black Fire Crystal Seal by hand. Results below. Thanks again Glen for all your help, and, you guys that think you might mess up your car, don't worry, it's hard work the first time, but well worth it...If I can do it, you can!

Pictures from cell phone don't really do this justice, but the colors really pop, especially the metalflake in the cybergray, and the black wheels with crystal seal are blinding...Black Fire rocks!:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
nice and great talking to you, you got it! I esp like the wheels with Seal on them...

- if anyone is new to detailing, and wants simple step by step way that is easy, just PM me with your email and I'll send you links and steps to do it...With polymers the days of hard buffing are gone...

·
Registered
582 Posts
Looking good! :cool:

·
Registered
10,418 Posts
That really shines!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice and great talking to you, you got it! I esp like the wheels with Seal on them...

- if anyone is new to detailing, and wants simple step by step way that is easy, just PM me with your email and I'll send you links and steps to do it...With polymers the days of hard buffing are gone...
Thanks Glen....looking at the wheel photo again I think I have to do something about the tire!
I can't read my note for what you told me to use...can you say again? The....

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
First, just clean it very well, that may be the way you like it, otherwise you got the interior "natural look" blue stuff, right?
Otherwise meguires from the auto parts store will be fine , just wipe it off and not just left on the tire...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
First, just clean it very well, that may be the way you like it, otherwise you got the interior "natural look" blue stuff, right?
Otherwise meguires from the auto parts store will be fine , just wipe it off and not just left on the tire...
Thanks...what is the "natural look blue stuff"?

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts