Stingray Corvette Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have the some noise upon harsh acceleration that sounds like it may be the same. 2015 coupe 7speed built 6-8-2015. Now has 12,600 miles. I just felt it was inherent in the drive line upon harder acceleration.
Now that I hear your comments, I wonder if all models have this noise? My thought is that it sounds like something is rubbing somewhere in the drive line. Maybe a trip to the dealership is in order.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all. Just bought used 2019 1LT, 14,000 mi. Only 4 hours behind the wheel and am hearing an intermittent flapping noise also. I haven’t checked with local dealer for service bulletins related to this noise. Crawling under the car I notice the upper part of the rear shocks have a loose fitting rubber boot. Could this be the source of flapping noise ? Thanks for any additional ideas.

·
Administrator
15,142 Posts
Welcome to our forum V#2 and congrats on your C7. Suggest you have a passenger do a video/audio recording of the noise and take that to your dealer.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a 2015 Corvette stingray 15,300 miles on it and have had a similar problem. I know this will really sound crazy but the sound seem to come from the dashboard or somewhere in the front of the car-always when I was accelerating. It just started one day and I could not figure what it was. When my satellite radio subscription ran out in October I didn’t renew it and on my next drive the sound was 95% gone. And the 5% you can hardly hear at all. The sound has not come back! I believe that something was syncing with satellite radio transmission causing a sympathetic vibration .....whatever.....But my story is true! When I get my car out of storage next spring I’ll do some more testing.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts