Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my question was likely in the wrong thread so I will try once more- I bet Glen knows the answer---
I have tried 4 different flash drives on my C7- Only one flashes when inserted- The others only play the first song and repeat over? No idea where I am going wrong as they are all new flash drives??any ideas? I have an SD card and will try it if all else fails- thanks. Gosh I love this car!!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'm having the same problem - The guy at the dealership where I bought the car couldn't figure out why it was doing that. Probably "pilot error" on my part.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I've written about my issue in another thread long ago... and thought it had resolved itself (the car not recognizing that there is a flash drive plugged in at all). But now it's not found the flash drive a couple of times again recently. If I shut the car off and restart, it will usually 'find' it. Have not tried removing and replacing it while the car is running (Can this be bad? Like a 'hot' removal of memory devices from your Windows computer?). Could it have something to do with the weather being cooler (that would be strange)? Last time it was acting up, was before it warmed up for summer!

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
actually mark, jerry or talon are the experts here - but :
1.I do know that the brand SANDISK has been a problem
2.put all tunes in the root drive (just for now)
3.format the card in FAT format -
4.try one under 32 GB...

others will get more detailed I'm sure...

·
Registered
406 Posts
I put all my rock music on my flash drives. I put in a 16g drive in the console usb port Saturday night. I hit media and it found my music. Then i hit the shuffle option and went for a drive. Started to play music off my drive and shuffled after every song. everything worked as expected.

Sunday morning got into car with another flash drive of all R&b music. Again hit media and drive found my music. This time i did not hit the shuffle button and i noticed that it played the tracks in order. So each time you take your flash drive out and put it in you need to hit shuffle..

One more thing. If you have two flash drives and say your listening to one and decide to put the other one in, it is ok to unplug it and replace it with another flash drive while the car is running. Think of the flash drive as a cd. You can take unplug it and plug it back in as many times as you want. It won't damage the tracks on it.. Hope this helps...

·
Registered
660 Posts
Badly in need of advice!

I have a long trip planned starting this Thur. So I copied a bunch of music onto a 8GB SD put it in the slot and it worked fine. Not perfect but I can play the songs.

So I put more on a 16GB SanDisk stuck it in the USB behind the screen. It worked fine. So I did another 16GB PNY and it did not recognize it. So I tried the USB in the armrest. It showed an AUX but no music.

Now it is stuck showing an AUX even though there is nothing in there and wont play the SanDisk that worked before????

I have tried turning the car off, and even walking away and reentering the car from scratch. Nothing. Only the original SD works, no USBs.

Got any suggestions???

·
Registered
660 Posts
OK I just went and tried it again. Dang! Now it works doing exactly the same thing I did before???? Anybody got any ideas why? I don't have any confidence it will work everytime I get in the car!

·
Registered
80 Posts
What happens if you keep pushing the media button? Does it cycle thru the various options? USB/AUX/Bluetooth/etc?

·
Registered
660 Posts
What happens if you keep pushing the media button? Does it cycle thru the various options? USB/AUX/Bluetooth/etc?
No. It was stuck on Aux and did not show the others.

Puzzling! I am wondering if they have a timer function in the programming that resets everything to a default after so many minutes such that it can auto discover connected devices again. Programming logic can be complex. Maybe it gets locked up if it can't read a USB? It is possible that my PNY stick was not FAT32 formatted and that confused their computer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts