Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
I expect to have one of the first in the Orlando area; black coupe with black rims

update - took delivery 10/11/13 from David Maas Chevrolet, Sanford - it's everything I imagined it would be, plus more ...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Homestead FL

I am #8 of 10 Coupes allocated to Grand Prize in Miami. Z51 CGM LT3 Kalahari interior with MSRC and the performance exhaust (NPP I believe). I ordered the 7-speed manual transmission but did give thought to the automatic. I always had manual transmission and with a bad knee and Miami traffic considered the auto. I expect the car (or a status change to "queued") by mid October. Placed order on May 27th with 12,184,090 seconds to October 15th. As of this morning I only have 9,800,000 seconds to go. I like big numbers because I don't understand them so the time seems to move faster than days, hours kind of suck too. This is my first Corvette.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I am #2 of my dealers convertibles, so I still have a while to wait.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am #48 on the list for a black Z51 coupe from the large Michigan dealership where I bought my current Z06. My home is in St. Augustine.

·
Registered
192 Posts
There are three dealers up here in Jacksonville that have first allocations and I'm number 2 at my dealer, so I guess at worst I'll be in the top 10 to have a C7 here in JAX. Really looking forward to bringing her home. Lime Rock Green with Kalahari and chrome wheels.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I ordererd on 7/5 and unfortunately, there are 22 people ahead of me at my Daytona dealership. Crystal Red with Kalahari. Wondering if another dealership can get one sooner. Frankly, that's why I asked about dealers ordering for inventory. Heck, I'd fly north to Kerbeck and drive back if I could get it soon.

Reactions: YllwStgr

·
Registered
136 Posts
I ordererd on 7/5 and unfortunately, there are 22 people ahead of me at my Daytona dealership. Crystal Red with Kalahari. Wondering if another dealership can get one sooner. Frankly, that's why I asked about dealers ordering for inventory. Heck, I'd fly north to Kerbeck and drive back if I could get it soon.
It is not that you have 22 people ahead of you, the question is, how many allocations did your Daytona dealership receive from Chevrolet for the first 6 to 9 months of production. If your dealer is getting 100 during this time period, you maybe ok. But if he is getting 15 and you are 23rd on the list, you are going nowhere. You might want to ask your dealer how many allocations they got and that will tell you if you need to look elsewhere. I saw on the Corvette Forum that Rick Conti from Coughlin Chevrolet had some allocations for this past weeks consensus. You might want to give him a call. Don't email him, they are being flooded with emails and you might not get a quick response. I think he is located in Ohio. But if he has an allocation, instead of having it built and you going to Ohio for delivery, do the museum delivery and pick it up in Bowling Green.

I hope this helps!

Rich

·
Registered
429 Posts
Thanks Rich427. I've known from the beginning that I'm #23 of an allocation of 60 units at my dealership. I paid a visit to the dealership today and they keep telling me that they haven't had an update GM for several weeks on any of their "sold" units. Having read all the posts on this forum, I find it hard to believe the people at my dealership.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
order sequenced for production - ETA Nov 1...in Pompano...within 7 days of calling Coughlin, I had an order in my hand and Chev accepted for production...
Cyber/Red 2LT

·
Registered
429 Posts
order sequenced for production - ETA Nov 1...in Pompano...within 7 days of calling Coughlin, I had an order in my hand and Chev accepted for production...
Cyber/Red 2LT
That is sooooo cool. Congrats. As I write, you're probably in the garage, playing with the electronics.

I have no idea when I'll be doing the same. I ordered on 7/5 and as of yesterday, all my local dealer would tell me is that I'm sequenced. Very frustrating not being able to get any decent info.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
That is sooooo cool. Congrats. As I write, you're probably in the garage, playing with the electronics.

I have no idea when I'll be doing the same. I ordered on 7/5 and as of yesterday, all my local dealer would tell me is that I'm sequenced. Very frustrating not being able to get any decent info.
I don't have it yet...but here is no need to call rick -every morning, he updates your status and puts it on this link for you:

Rick Corvette Conti » Blog Archive » 2014 Stingray Order STATUS Updates

·
Registered
174 Posts
<<Sounding off. I got my beautiful C7 today. Will post pics later. Very overwhelmed plus got home late. This car is insane!!!!!>>

Congrats CyberVette !!! You look mighty happy sitting in your new C7 - looks like you're the first in this forum to do so.

1 - 20 of 198 Posts