Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my Stingray back from the dealer the other day and I have been driving it for a full day and it is still leaking oil and now I am leaking a new red substance next to it... I have had it at the dealership twice to two different dealers and both have changed my air filter which was covered in oil and told me that the oil level was too high... They absolutely have no idea how to stop my car from dripping oil on the concrete floors and I have now contacted the lemon law attorneys to see what I can do... I don't drive the car aggressively and that is what they told me it leaks oil from... Now I noticed a new red fluid which I think is transmission fluid leaking as well... I must say that Chevrolet customer care has done absolutely nothing for me has never called me back or has never emailed me back and I contacted all of the corporate numbers and people who are supposed to be there regional supervisors for Corvette complaints! I just paid 70 grand for this car in full and it has been nothing but a joke since it consistently leaks fluids and is always at the dealership for service! I just wish that somebody would steal it or smash into it somewhere so I can get a different car!!! Tomorrow I will be taking in for its third service appointment at a different dealership

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
18,670 Posts
EZ-Jello 51, what devastating/demoralizing experiences you have been through!!! We are all so sorry, and hope this third dealership can get your car thoroughly fixed, no matter what it takes, and do so expeditiously!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
EZ-Jello 51, what devastating/demoralizing experiences you have been through!!! We are all so sorry, and hope this third dealership can get your car thoroughly fixed, no matter what it takes, and do so expeditiously!
ImageUploadedByCorvette Stingray Forum1401164813.057953.jpg thanks I love the car and it runs great just wish it wasn't leaking fluids so much!!!

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Jello 51; Any chance that the red fluid is anti-freeze? Several owners are finding that their radiators required replacement due to leakage.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chip that's probably it! It's coming up from the front of the car...definitely anti freeZe since my tranny would be in the rear! Thank you!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Jello 51; Any chance that the red fluid is anti-freeze? Several owners are finding that their radiators required replacement due to leakage.
I just found a small radiator leak on the drain plug. :(

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Just got my Stingray back from the dealer the other day and I have been driving it for a full day and it is still leaking oil and now I am leaking a new red substance next to it... I have had it at the dealership twice to two different dealers and both have changed my air filter which was covered in oil and told me that the oil level was too high... They absolutely have no idea how to stop my car from dripping oil on the concrete floors and I have now contacted the lemon law attorneys to see what I can do... I don't drive the car aggressively and that is what they told me it leaks oil from... Now I noticed a new red fluid which I think is transmission fluid leaking as well... I must say that Chevrolet customer care has done absolutely nothing for me has never called me back or has never emailed me back and I contacted all of the corporate numbers and people who are supposed to be there regional supervisors for Corvette complaints! I just paid 70 grand for this car in full and it has been nothing but a joke since it consistently leaks fluids and is always at the dealership for service! I just wish that somebody would steal it or smash into it somewhere so I can get a different car!!! Tomorrow I will be taking in for its third service appointment at a different dealership

Welcome to my world....see the thread "woke up to oil leak" Mine is in the shop for the third time (2nd dealer). Took mine in the 3rd time on Thursday the 22nd and haven't seen it since, or heard from the dealer since Thursday. They didn't give me a loaner either. I hope you live in California, the Lemon Laws here are very liberal. My attorney's sent out a demand yesterday. Now that I'm reading your thread, I'm not sure I'd give the Corvette Stingray another shot if I get a full buy back.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
And seriously, everybody out there that has installed a catch can for this oil blow back problem, which seems to be widespread, don't you think GM should be recalling this car and installing them for free???????? I never even knew what a catch can was prior to the 2014 Corvette Stingray.

Reactions: akpancake

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
And seriously, everybody out there that has installed a catch can for this oil blow back problem, which seems to be widespread, don't you think GM should be recalling this car and installing them for free???????? I never even knew what a catch can was prior to the 2014 Corvette Stingray.
I'll install the can for now and enjoy my car. If GM solves the problem, (they won't) then they can fix it.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
This whole catch can thing is out of control. The above problems or massive oil leaks are a damaged engine, not a catch can problem. The can is to keep and engine a bit cleaner internally, but not something needed to keep the engine performing sufficiently long term

Please read this 10 times, this subject is out of control on this forum (IN MY OPINION) , it is hardly mentioned on the other boards...ask yourself why....

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
And seriously, everybody out there that has installed a catch can for this oil blow back problem, which seems to be widespread, don't you think GM should be recalling this car and installing them for free????????
We all empathize with your situation - it really sucks - but let's step back and assess for a moment...

Of the over 3000 forum members we have here, I've only seen 3 members who have experienced "serious" fluid leaks, and one of those was due to a loose oil filter.

Not to diminish your misfortune, but let's keep the real scope of the problem in perspective.

I hope your vehicle is returned to you with the problem fully addressed as soon as possible!

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I hope your vehicle is returned to you with the problem fully addressed as soon as possible!
Yeah, you and me both.....why do I have to be the lucky three out of 3000

·
Registered
739 Posts
I wonder about the wisdom of having companies that are trying to sell us products as "sponsors" of the site. Perhaps that is the only way financially we can have such a site. Somehow I doubt that. There is an obvious conflict of interest for any company selling aftermarket parts to us. Catch cans come to mind. If there is truly a design or engineering defect by GM aren't they responsible?

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
I wonder about the wisdom of having companies that are trying to sell us products as "sponsors" of the site. Perhaps that is the only way financially we can have such a site. Somehow I doubt that. There is an obvious conflict of interest for any company selling aftermarket parts to us.
You've summarized the issues nicely in your remarks, and there are a number of us who have been wondering these same things.

Given that the sponsors help pay the bills to keep the site open (although members like you and I will never be privy to these financial details), and also keeping in mind that "performance" products with questionable pedigree or proven engineering in their development have been around for as long as there have been cars, my perspective has been "buyer beware" - try to educate yourself relative to the products and their merit, versus the product sales pitches thrown our way.

Unfortunately, specific to the case of the catch cans, the "promotion" of the cans is coming at the cost in reputation to GM as well as diminishing the mystique and cachet surrounding their flagship vehicle.

Reactions: glen e

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Unfortunately, specific to the case of the catch cans, the "promotion" of the cans is coming at the cost in reputation to GM as well as a diminishing in the mystique and cachet surrounding their flagship vehicle.
and now they are on sale! (along with the approp scary thread attached)

·
Registered
4,656 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
You're protected by federal lemon law.... Make sure you have documentation. I would look into the lemon law.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
You're protected by federal lemon law.... Make sure you have documentation. I would look into the lemon law.

lemon laws are state - not federal...every state is a little bit diff...

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
This whole catch can thing is out of control. The above problems or massive oil leaks are a damaged engine, not a catch can problem. The can is to keep and engine a bit cleaner internally, but not something needed to keep the engine performing sufficiently long term...
How is it Glen that you at this point in time know this to be true, and how are you defining "sufficiently"?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts