Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my first Corvette this week, and probably the cheapest one in the nation with a clean title and not crashed. Hah this sounds like a Youtube video intro!

Anyway, it's a 2014 Stingray 1LT M7, 75k miles. Specifically did not want a z51, as I had no plans to track it and our roads in MN are pretty crappy so compliance is appreciated. I'm not going to complain about lower cost of consumables (tires, brakes, etc) either. Most of our roads here are straight, but the Wisconsin Driftless area is 20 minutes away. I used to have to complain about having to choose which motorcycle to take ... now there's a car to get tossed into that fray too.

Bought it the night before our first significant snow storm, so I had leverage ... if I didn't buy it, the dealer would sit on it until April. It has displaced my SQ5 from the garage until I can finish up the service on a couple of bikes (desmo, tires, suspension etc).

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

It has a couple issues I need to dig into, which was factored into the price. I'll bring those up in other posts. I'm a DIY sort of guy, but realize that the whole torque tube things make drivetrain repairs without a lift difficult, so for the first time in my life I have an extended warranty. I suspect it won't take many repairs to break even on that warranty.

I was looking hard at the new three-pedal-Supra but it would cost nearly 2x as much as this 'vette. This is the first US-manufactured vehicle I've owned in 24 years ... I've been buying German and Japanese vehicles since Pontiac disappointed me with their Grand Prix GTP's durability.

It's good to be back in a v8 + mt + rwd. Spring can't come fast enough.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome and God Bless anyone who can stand the winter in MN!
Thanks! Us Norwegians tend to believe that there's no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing. Being able to park in a garage attached to the house mitigates most of the issues.

I've done a lot of traveling and concluded that every place has it's pro's and con's, it's just a matter of finding the trade-off's that work for each of us.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts