Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For 3LT owners

The deadline to define my choices is approaching and I suddenly have a doubt regarding the 3LT option:

If a black color on the top of the dashboard, as in 1LT and 2LT, is OK to have the lowest reflections on the windshield, what about the vivid colors like red, Kalahari (I would choose) etc. ?
I'm supposing that those ones could cause annoying reflects which could be a bad thing while driving.

Your comments are welcome.

·
Registered
873 Posts
BTW - unless European orders are different, LT1 is the engine. 1LT, 2LT, & 3LT are interior and equipment option levels.

We have a Brownstone interior (only available with 3LT) and don't have much problem with reflections in the windshield.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, I mixed the numbers/letters, I modify that, thank you :)

·
Registered
307 Posts
I went with the 3LT interior package (w/ Kalahari) because I like the look of the leather wrapped dash and also the 3LT comes with a higher grade leather (Napa). I have not heard of any reflection issues with a leather-wrapped dash.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On some cars I owned, it was the case... all depends of the windshield and dashboard angles

·
Registered
10,600 Posts
SwisStingray, the 3LT dash for all colors are predominantly black, except for the Kalahari. I think none of them would have a problem, except maybe Kalahari. Look carefully at interior pictures of the dashboards on the Official XXXXXX Interior threads here on the forum (where XXXX is each of the interior colors).

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will try Rodney... I was specially driving to my dealer some days ago to see the 3LT Kalahari but as the car was in a showroom, impossible to know if a problem could occur.

Reactions: docjb

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have a 3 LT with kalahari dash. No issues never even considered it as a possible issueyou will be fine at least with that color. I would be careful as to what you use to nourish the leather with so you don't end up with an overly shiny finish.

·
Registered
10,600 Posts
I understand, SwissStingray. But what you can see from pictures is how much (or how little) area of the dash is covered in the non-black leather for each color type. For Kalahari, the % area covered by Kalahari is huge; for the other colors, it is much smaller. That is what I think you can see from looking at the pictures.

What color of interior do you find interesting for your car?

·
Registered
118 Posts
3LT adrenaline red. No issues with glare. If you can swing it 3LT is definitely worth the difference in cost.

·
Registered
10,600 Posts
Well, there is one other thing to mention. The difference between the feel of the dash surface on the 2LT and the 3LT, as well as a close visual inspection, readily shows that the 3LT is of higher grade materials. The 2LT is nice; the 3LT is nicer.

Reactions: tmcternan

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I plan to order a full leather 3LT in Kalahari.

Reactions: Milliwatt Rob

·
Registered
10,600 Posts
I don't have any personal experience with that. See the post by Tpalmst in post #8 above, as he has experience owning 3LT Kalahari.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Well, there is one other thing to mention. The difference between the feel of the dash surface on the 2LT and the 3LT, as well as a close visual inspection, readily shows that the 3LT is of higher grade materials. The 2LT is nice; the 3LT is nicer.
Thanks Rodney. I was planning on the 3LZ cause John told me to :rolleyes:. That was just to see if he's watching..... Actually, this is really good to know without seeing it for myself in person. This reaffirms the justification for the additional expense. Thank you.

·
Registered
10,600 Posts
Tom, I had never paid much attention to the 2LT interior because I was set on the 3LT because of the splash of color. That splash of color on the dash makes the 3LT a quick, easy decision for me.

Now, fast forward to the 2LZ versus 3LZ, and for the first time, I needed to really stop and consider the quality of materials because the 3LZ looks exactly like the 2LZ from 15 feet away (the 3LZ inexplicably lost the splash of color on the dash). So, yesterday I spent quite a bit of time comparing two cars side-by-side. One was a black interior 2LT and the other was a black interior 3LT. From 10 feet away they looked identical. From three feet away, the difference in material is visually obvious. The feel to touch is VERY different also between the two materials.

Nevertheless, the 2LT is still nice. My conclusion is I cannot justify 3LZ on a Z06 even with the nicer leather, but I easily can justify a 3LT on a StingRay because of the stunning splash of color on the dash.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I can't add a whole lot to the discussion as I have 3LT Brownstone with MF inserts and the black MF upper portion. No glare, rich color, supple leather, and I couldn't be more satisfied. That having been said, I have never seen 1LT or 2LT, so I cant make a comparison. I can say also that since my car is a weekend, holiday and vacation toy I don't need the NAV. It's ok to have it, but not a necessity. My guess, FWIW, is that 2LT is probably more than good enough.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I have 3LT Kalahari interior, yes you can get a reflection if the sun is just right. In the beginning I did notice it but it didn't bother me. Now I don't notice it at all.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Your comments are good news for me.

·
Registered
49 Posts
No issues in my black 3LT in sunny Oklahoma.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts