Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this isn't the correct forum for this....

The Stingray Forum jut prior to this one had a App which I found in the App store. It did work back then and then it stopped connecting. I noticed the forum logo change.

Is there a new App out there?

Thanks,
Mike

·
Super Moderator
3,308 Posts
ForumFoundry, the original owners of StingrayForums, built the StingrayForums on the vBulletin platform and also created a mobile app. ForumFoundry sold StingrayFourms to Vertical Scope but the app was not supported by Vertical Scope and was subsequently dropped.

Recently, Vertical Scope moved StingrayForums over to the Xenforo platform.

The new platform is designed for efficiency, stability, and to be user-friendly across all devices, including mobile. More time can be spent engaging, sharing, and contributing to your favorite community no matter where you are!
Since the new platform is designed for mobile, I do not think a mobile app will be made.

You can read more about the move here: We are Moving!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I guess I don't understand what an App does. I thought it was just a very quick way to get to a website.

Now I guess I have to 'find' the forum on Google then connect to it.....all on my phone. OK.

·
Administrator
15,149 Posts
So I guess I don't understand what an App does. I thought it was just a very quick way to get to a website.

Now I guess I have to 'find' the forum on Google then connect to it.....all on my phone. OK.
Actually that works very well. You can, once you go to it with your phone's browser, save it to your phone's screen. Then you can log on, save your log on, and thereafter use it just like you were on your PC or laptop, or however you currently access SRFs. Since the new software was designed for mobile use, it is a pretty good experience on the "small screen" IMO.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts