Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Team,

I was wondering what your thoughts are on the overall design aesthetics of the front grill/retainer. I am planning on having the front of my 2015 Stingray covered with XPEL and coating the car with CQuartz Finest so I believe I would have to make a decision on replacing the grill right away. I know that WeaponX has a few options available. For those of you who swapped out your front grill... are you happy with your decision? Is it worth the price to swap it out?

Otherwise I will take the advice of the forum & not make any modifications for a little while... at least until I've had a few hundred (or thousand) miles under my belt.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
922 Posts
The only problem I see with a lot of these after market chrome/stainless accessories is that the car can end up looking like a Tijuana taxi outfitted by J C Whitney . Sometimes more is too much. No offense to any aftermarket supplier or anyone who wants to change the looks of their car. I think GM did a great design for its looks in the world sports car market.

My $0.02

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha - HILARIOUS! Yeah I'm of the same opinion in general when it comes to mods ... I only want to add something to the car if it really improves the vehicle's aesthetics. Is there a thread where people compile a journal of all of their mods? I know Glen E has one.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'm planning on using black Plastidip to black out the chrome strip that runs across the front grille, and that's it.

·
Registered
10,418 Posts
I love the Z06 grille as a mod on the StingRay.

Reactions: RCjr
1 - 5 of 5 Posts