Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my C7 I was told that the front license plate aids air flow into the car for engine cooling. Supposedly it was better than the stock insert without a license plate.
Does anyone have information about the front license plate air flow on the C8 regarding which is best, the stock insert or the license plate itself? Thanks

·
Registered
299 Posts
Section 10, page 23 of my 2015 owners manual;
Cooling System (Aero
Panel)
The aero panel enhances
aerodynamic efficiency and
improves fuel economy.
Remove the aero panel and bracket
to improve engine cooling and air
conditioning performance when
driving aggressively or in hot
weather.

·
Administrator
16,594 Posts
Section 10, page 23 of my 2015 owners manual;
Cooling System (Aero
Panel)
The aero panel enhances
aerodynamic efficiency and
improves fuel economy.
Remove the aero panel and bracket
to improve engine cooling and air
conditioning performance when
driving aggressively or in hot
weather.
Thanks, however,the question is about the C8.

·
Registered
18 Posts
On my C7 I was told that the front license plate aids air flow into the car for engine cooling. Supposedly it was better than the stock insert without a license plate.
Does anyone have information about the front license plate air flow on the C8 regarding which is best, the stock insert or the license plate itself? Thanks
a plate on the front of any vette looks like crap 😄

·
Administrator
16,594 Posts
Let's please return this thread to the original post question: Does anyone have information about the front license plate air flow on the C8 regarding which is best, the stock insert or the license plate itself? Thanks.

·
Registered
404 Posts
The only coolers in the front are the L + R rads and coolers. There is nothing in the middle. The other engine radiators, trans. and diff. coolers are in the rear. I would conclude that nothing done with the front plate area effects any cooling.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Agree with Jim, above. Unlike the C7, which had the radiator behind the license plate, the place where the plate goes is solid plastic, no venting at all, so I don't see any effect on cooling at all.

·
Registered
38 Posts
This might help. C8 with the skin off and radiator in place. There is another radiator under the left headlight. It does not look like the plate would affect cooling or anything else.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts