Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I placed my order on 2/18 from a reputable Corvette Dealer here in the Chicago area. I was told I am next in line for their next allocation. It's a 2LT, Z51 coupe. So here we are going on week 6 since the order and I still sit at 1100. I was told from the get go that I was looking at end of May, early June delivery. My dealer has said they have fulfilled all their orders and mine will be no different.

I spoke to the Sales Manager on Tuesday and he told me he thinks we should see movement by next week. If not, we are a week into April and I have not moved to 2000. This particular Sales Manager took the driving classes when the Stingray was launched, assured me they are a high volume Dealer and said they have plenty of allocations left.

Time to worry yet, or sit back and relax?

·
Registered
237 Posts
I would.. If you want a 2014 model, the problem is running close to the deadline. I waited 5 weeks had no progress. canceled my order and bailed out from the dealer. I came to realize that they were not honest at all. Ordered at Les Stanford and 2 weeks later I'm at 2000. I would cancel and look into top 5 dealers.. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
18,669 Posts
Considering you are price protected where you are, and the sales manager is saying there will be movement in the next week, I would wait that one week. Worst case, it is April 10th before you pull the plug on your current dealer and, if you then go to a top, top allocation dealer (just a "rollinstingray" has suggested), you will still have your custom-ordered, 2014 Z-51 customer this July.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Congrats to you, glad that it did work out for you.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I have been sitting on order shipped/en-rout for 2 weeks going on 3. Is this typical?
I guess it depends where you live, look at my signature to see what progress I made.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well I'm in Central Pa. so I would have expected this past week. I going out of town Wed for 6 days so I expect it will arrive then.
It will get here when it gets here. It's snow flurries and cold here so I wouldn't drive it anyway.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I too placed an order with a Chicago area dealership who sells a lot of corvettes. I placed mine on 1/25/14. Still at 1100. Since order was placed prior to 3/1/14, I am price protected. I ordered a 3LT Z51 with mag ride and NPP. If I cancelled the order and placed it with another dealer, I would have to give up the 3LT and go with 2LT to keep it in my budget. I am willing to wait it out and hope for the best. I want to get a 2014 because I want CGM.

·
18,669 Posts
Good luck "emsguy," and everything you are doing makes sense! If you haven't re-visited your dealership recently, would do that, including getting the sales manager involved in your face to face, "where are we, how many allocations do you get have (for my coupe, or for my convertible.), where am I on your internal priority list, and within that priority list for my type of car, how many ahead of me have also ordered Z-51's, etc?" meeting. If you come away knowing you are next up, or even second up of their remaining ten coupe allocations, that would be very reassuring. Conversely, if they only have four coupe allocations left, and you are number four, especially as you are getting a Z-51, then it would be decision time for you -- stay or leave? As you noted, price protection is a "$3,200 beautiful thing" for your staying, but the more info you have, the better.

·
18,669 Posts
I have been sitting on order shipped/en-rout for 2 weeks going on 3. Is this typical?
Unfortunately, yes it is typical/normal. And, as more than a few here have learned, one day they are hearing it is still waiting to be shipped, the next day they are getting a call from their dealer, "it's here." Makes no sense, but it sometimes is working that way.

·
Registered
120 Posts
My car is 3 weeks in the "shipped/en-route" mode. Currently it's in a New York terminal/yard waiting to travel to MacMulkins in New Hampshire. I know your anxiousness and anticipation. The call will come real soon. :)

·
Registered
371 Posts
My car is 3 weeks in the "shipped/en-route" mode. Currently it's in a New York terminal/yard waiting to travel to MacMulkins in New Hampshire. I know your anxiousness and anticipation. The call will come real soon. :)
Mine car was produced march 10. Shipped and en route as well. On a rail car and has done a tour of the United States . Kentucky to Toledo Ohio. Toledo to Ontario Ohio. Ontario to Gibson Indiana. Gibson to Joliet Illinois. From Joliet to Kansas. Now I wait for it to get to Santa Rosa NM where it will take 1-2 days by truck to Albuquerque.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Sorry it is taking so long. Derrick1812, would you please share how you are tracking each of those steps?
I have been a pain in the a$$, Monday thru Friday on Chevrolet chat with customer care assistance (check daily with chat in the morning) Lol. Yeah I guess I am gettin a bit impatient /excited! Hopefully this week!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts