Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I received my new C7 Stingray coupe I was not prepared for the attention it gets. I was traveling on I 77 north in North Carolina with the top off. Had the cruise at 68 MPH in a 65. I noticed a silver car about 1/4 mile back weaving in and out of traffic moving at a higher rate of speed than traffic. Did not think much about it other than to notice it. I moved to the passing lane to get around some slower traffic. I signaled to get into the right lane since my exit was approaching (about a 1.5-2 miles away). I realized there was a car in my blind spot, and maintained my position. I sped up a little more and realized it was the silver car (honda) I had seen earlier weaving in and out of traffic. The car matched my speed again always staying in my blind spot. I sped up a little more and turned on my signal. Again the car matched my speed. I do recall thinking, "Ok, what is your problem?" :eek: I slowed down to get behind the honda and realized it was a very young driver (kid.) HE was holding his camera phone up with the window open and taking pictures of the car! I waved and dropped it into fourth to get onto my exit. I glad he enjoyed looking at it as much as I enjoy driving it, but I would rather he take a picture or video when its parked! :D

·
Administrator
16,307 Posts
Welcome to our forum buzylivn and congrats on your new C7! The attention will continue for quite a while. By the by, try not using cruise control until you have passed 500 miles and vary those rpms as part of the recommended brake in.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
buzylivn, welcome aboard and congrats on your new C7 masterpiece!! As I read your story I thought it was going to be an unmarked NCHP trying to catch up and clock your speed. At least it turned out to be another C7 fan.

SF
Rick

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Yup. There is actually a thread on this forum "Have you had your picture taken" with some of those experiences. Not always a safe, smart thing for somebody to do. Got "buzzed" today by a large high Ford diesel pickup truck. I know he would not have driven that way if I hadn't been there.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Welcome buzylivn! Had a similar experience of a car riding in my blind spot in the previous C6, but it was around midnight, so I knew he wasn't taking my pic. I slightly sped up and so did he. I slowed down slightly and so did he. Finally, I just hit the brakes (remember Top Gun?) and he sailed on by. Turned out to be a VA State Trooper, who I assume was amusing himself thinking I'd nail it and earn a ticket.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts