Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I have been reading the forum for about a week now and love all the great info on here, as well as the good attitudes. :cool: I am planning a C7 purchase at the very end of the year, and cannot wait to get this car - I am a huge car nut, but until now have always focused on the Germans. We went up to Corvettes in Carlisle (PA) last summer to see all the C7s prior to launch, and got to speak with GM engineers, etc. I am so impressed with what they have done with this car, and I just hope it is a solid ride as I plan to drive it every day barring large amounts of snow on the road!!!

Right now, I am talking to a few dealers and trying to decide which one to work with - have only spoken to 3 of them within an hour of us, and considering MacMulkin as well. I hope to at least get "on the list" within the next couple months but cannot take delivery prior to December. :( So the wait is difficult but it will surely be awesome in the end.

The one thing I am fluctuating between is whether to get 2LT Z51 or 3LT without Z51 - don't think I can swing Z51 with 3LT. I would love to drive on a track but would also not be prone to do it often, and don't want to beat on the car too much. :confused: Otherwise, I am currently planning on Velocity Yellow with the Grey interior and the 8spd auto since we live in a busy area. Will be putting all-seasons on it immediately to start driving regardless of temps outside. Am really looking forward to finding out what the options and trim packages will look like for 2015 too. Thanks so much for all your advice and pics in this forum - keep it coming! :D

Julie

·
Registered
242 Posts
2LT w/ Z51 for sure. The 3LT upgrades aren't worth the cost IMO. I did Z51 2LT w/nav, so I'm not really missing anything.

·
Registered
136 Posts
welcome in the gang,

I waiting the 2015 better équipments the computer on bord will be better, auto transmission 8 speeds it's better millage per gallon it's knowing.

For the feew weeks waiting it's gone be a better car:cool:

·
Administrator
16,510 Posts
Welcome to our forum Julie! While you are sure to get lots of opinions on which way to go on your new Stingray, the best way to make your decision is drive each version you are considering, talk to current owners at events like Cars and Coffee or your local Corvette club. Wish you every success and no matter what you decide to go with you will have a fantastic Vette. :cool:

Reactions: MYKZDRM

·
Registered
10,569 Posts
Hi Julie,

Welcome to the forum! I think many good arguments could be made that a 2LT without Z51 would also be a great option!

·
18,670 Posts
Lots of folks have been very happy getting the 2LT with the nav option and the Z-51 package. One magazine analyst said that other than missing the smell of leather, he was very much liked the 2LT interior.

I would suggest that, if you haven 't already , for the StingRay's 2015 gray is a very, very light gray, that you take a look at it. As your post indicates you plan on driving it a lot, please consider that the carpet in your gray will also be a very light gray. If, after you read that thread, and wish to continue with your current plan to get the gray interior, one option you might consider getting the black floor mats because of daily wear and tear on the carpet, especially during the winter time. Several have done this and been happy that they bought black instead of gray carpet mats.

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum...videos/645-official-gray-interior-thread.html

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Welcome Julie,
You are picking a color that I love however I was torn on the 2LT and 3LT because of the leather feel. People on this forum say it is almost the same but the best way for you to decide is to get 2 vettes next to each other and you in the middle. Then compare the 2LT to 3LT side by side and decide, my philosophy on my choice was if I am spending 70k plus on a new car for myself I am not going to skimp on myself? I said to myself I worked hard for my money so now I am going to treat myself with that smooth soft 3LT leather :rolleyes: just my 2 cents opinion

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Julie!

I agree that you need to see the options side by side if possible yourself.

We are getting the 2LT + Z51 + Nav ourselves. :D

Cheers,

Suzy

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
While you are sure to get lots of opinions on which way to go on your new Stingray, the best way to make your decision is drive each version you are considering, talk to current owners at events like Cars and Coffee or your local Corvette club. :cool:
Thanks jsvette - I have definitely been seeking out other owners to talk to, including those in my local club. One question I have about your comment above, though, is where the heck are you guys able to drive these cars?? The dealers around me basically won't let you drive one unless it's the one you just paid for... I was super lucky to argue my way into a 2LT non-Z51 at one place, and was able to drive it "around the block." But they only had one car and that experience was far beyond what others would allow. I find this a little odd, since we have had Porsche and Jaguar dealers hand us the keys to more expensive cars to test drive for as long as we want (reasonably speaking). But oh well... if you have any suggestions, please pass them forward!

John, if I order the grey I would absolutely put black WeatherTech mats or the like inside right away. But I would love to see more interiors in person - saw them at Carlisle but that was a while ago. I just thought the grey would be kind of unique and I love the contrast of two colors vs. all black (just me). :)

Anyway, I am leaning toward the 2LT with Z51 but just not sure until I see how the 2015 options & packages are put together and priced. And I also look forward to different wheel choices to choose from! Thanks so much for all the responses already, I feel very welcome! :D

Julie

·
Registered
242 Posts
I may be mistaken, but there should be barely less, if any less leather on 2LT vs 3LT. The main difference it being color matched to the seats and such. I have a 2LT and there is leather on basically every surface?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Hey Julie... I am not sure if you're willing to make this much effort.. but I wanted actual significant seat time in the car before committing to buy, so I paid for a full weekend rental of one. Since I'm in the West, I flew to Phoenix to rent from Rent-A-Vette. I do think there were a few outfits in the East that had them for rent, but I wasn't interested in that since I'm in CA.

I couldn't get any dealers around were we are to even let me SIT in one. Ridiculous. I for sure know what you're saying though!

My test drive cost $600 + air + Hotel! LOL!

Reactions: juliesk

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Julie, welcome aboard! Good luck on your choice.

SF
Rick

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Hey Rick, how do you like your transparent roof & automatic transmission?
Julie, I like the look of the transparent roof, I think it goes well with the exterior black trim pieces and flows with the C7 lines. I drive in a lot of heavy traffic everyday going to Camp Lejeune and leaving work. I'm tired of shifting, 1970 Camaro Hurst 4-speed, 1990 Chevy Sport truck 5-speed, the auto in the C7 is awesome!

SF
Rick

1 - 18 of 18 Posts