Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Am I seeing your post correctly elegant? Now the protective film has been removed for 15 also. I tried to order a shark grey and carbon fiber splitter neither was available without delay. Now they are removing the film too. I waited all summer to get a few new options and it looks like at best I will get the pdr if they don't restrict it also. Why can't G.M. get there ducks in a row before they commit to have options available. Is this why they can't update the build page to 2015. You haven't even been able to order a 14 for two months now and they can't get the build page updated. Starting to get a little frustrated. tpw is next week. Do I have any options for changing order at this point or starting over at the end of the line is it?

·
18,670 Posts
Visit your dealer. I believe, but this needs to be confirmed, that if GM drops an option, such as the WA8 protective film, you will neither have to start all over, nor be subject to the $1,000 price increase.

However, if you choose to drop a single option, you will both have to pay the extra $1,000 and you will probably go back to the beginning, and if, you are already currently status 3000 (which I doubt from your post), you can not change a single thing.

Again, strongly suggest if you can, visit your dealer immediately and hammer all this out.

Know this is disappointing, but believe you have few choices other than just riding this out..

·
Registered
10,424 Posts
He said his TPW is next week. Therefore, his order is beyond 3000, and cannot be changed now.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I went to 3400 last week. I talked to the dealer today and he said he received a update today from G.M. confirming the elimination of the option. his suggestion was to use our local guy that installs 3m clear protective film from Zeibart. He has sent a c7 there previously and was pleased with the results of there work. Hopefully no more restrictions now. The only 15 option left I wanted is the pdr, the rest have been constrained, delayed or eliminated. Makes me wonder if I just shouldn't wait till the z06 is available. The restrictions and delays may be worked out by that time. The problem there is I would be # 6 on the list locally for this and without allocations being announced it would be a big gamble if I could get it at all next summer.

·
Registered
755 Posts
SIT TIGHT AND BE PATIENT. I AM SURE YOU WILL BE HAPPIER WITH THE ONE ON ORDER. TOO MUCH GAMBLE TO TRY SOMETHING ELSE.

STUNG:cool:

·
Registered
631 Posts
Regarding the protective film. Strongly suggest going to an installer who uses Xpel ultimate film rather than 3M. Most experienced installers in our area said it is best way to go!

Reactions: rigger
1 - 6 of 6 Posts