Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there team,

Every once in awhile the carbon fibers don't carbon, nor do they fiber properly. That means we get an odd blemish or two on occasion. Usually, we simply paint them carbon flash and let someone who ordered a fiberglass piece get a little bit of a surprise upgrade, on the house.

Once in a RARE while, the piece looks so nice, we clear it and make it available at a significant disocunt.

This is such a time.

We've got a G3-O6 StageONE front splitter, which is our version of the GM ZO6 Stage I front splitter. It fits like factory, uses existing and provided hardware, and in carbon fiber it's AMAZING.

The blems are actually pretty minor. The carbon did a weird thing where it moved under vacuum and created what look like two dents in the extreme outside edges, both approximately an inch long. It looks like the front bumper cover might actually cover it, but just to be sure I'd rather make someone a smoking deal on it and let them decide.

Personally, I'd put it on my own car, if that matters.

Here are a few pics and this usually sells for $1299.99. To move this one out and let someone else enjoy it, we'll be letting it go for $750.

I only have this one, so it's first come, first served. When it's gone, it's gone. :)

With payment, I can ship it today if you place your order before 6:00 PM. If not, it'll go out tomorrow morning on the first run.

I'm working on uploading pics, but photobucket is being a jerk. I'll post the pics and a quick video as soon as the uploads are finished.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The splitter is pretty much perfect with the exception of the dents at the far edges.

The seam is beautiful.

Driver's side:

Passenger Side:

Still waiting on the video.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Alan,

Whatever happen to the spat project you all were working on?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Blem sold long ago. :)

The spats are still on the table for final development.

It turned out that making them using standard (not prepreg) makes getting the carbon down straight nearly impossible.

We're currently working to make the molds for prepreg, which will make them both perfect aesthetically AND easy to manyfacure.

I'm hoping it won't be too long from here on out. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts