Stingray Corvette Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
So what are you buffing it for? Removing stains?
Just to clean the race deck. I use a bucket of soapy water and a string mop to get it wet. I use a brush on my my Orek orbiter which will cleanse off any stains or dirt. Mop it again and let it dry. Good to go.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
I am thinking of using the free flow design so the snow and mag chloride fall through.

Have you guys had any issues with it being slippery when wet?

Also you have to put something under a floor jack or jack stands right? Those plastic ribs can't handle much weight in one small area like a caster or jack stand foot.
My Race Deck is the solid tiles. I just use my jack as is. Once you park your C7, 4 tiles are holding the weight of the entire car. They are pretty strong.

·
Administrator
15,319 Posts
I am thinking of using the free flow design so the snow and mag chloride fall through.

Have you guys had any issues with it being slippery when wet?

Also you have to put something under a floor jack or jack stands right? Those plastic ribs can't handle much weight in one small area like a caster or jack stand foot.
I have used my floor jack multiple times on both the free flow and solid Race Deck (my designs have both) to raise one of my cars for work. Absolutely no damage results. Also (I think I mentioned this in one of the related Race Deck write ups earlier) I had to use a crow bar when I did the initial installation to lift up fully loaded Hon 48 inch horizontal files, to get the tiles under them. Even with all that concentrated weight at the crow bar contact, there was no damage. I won't worry.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I think I've come up with something that I haven't seen anyone else do... painting garage floors, AND driveways, happens to be a "thing" here in The Villages, Florida... so when we decided to have ours done (before the garage or driveway had any blemishes)... I thought this might be a good place to add a subtle Stingray touch. Most neighbors probably won't even 'get it'... likely only owners or enthusiasts...
I made a stencil for my painter to use in creating the design...
This is concrete 'stain', not an epoxy... when applied it smells similar to what I'd imagine ten thousand women applying nail polish at once in a small room would smell... very potent. The speckles are sprayed on.

·
Administrator
15,319 Posts
Very creative Al! Looks very nice.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts