Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a customer that recently purchased a 2014 pre-owned Stingray. 3LT-Z51 automatic. When gentleman tried to fill gas tank vehicle would only take 4 gallons, then shut off. Could not add any significant amount. 1/10th of a gallon per attempt. We duplicated this at our dealership and tech support says this is the 1st incident reported.

Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon?:confused:

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Once or twice, usually pulling the nozzle out about 1/2 inch or rotating it as much as 180 degrees resolves the issue. I did have one nozzle at one station refuse to work. I moved to a different pump and it worked perfectly.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Some nozzles are just finicky. The 180 degree twist always works for me. Also, tell him to have it more than 4 gallons low if he wants to put more in! He'll love that...:eek:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Once or twice, usually pulling the nozzle out about 1/2 inch or rotating it as much as 180 degrees resolves the issue. I did have one nozzle at one station refuse to work. I moved to a different pump and it worked perfectly.
Echo that. Typically works with any of the GM vehicles. I'm not sure the cause but it has been a situation since at least the start of the LS series. My other vehicles have never had the issue. GM specific or not anyone?

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Never had a big problem with the gas nozzle, when it would kick off move it around until you find that sweet spot.

SF
Rick

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I use Costco and no issues on filling. However I do have a related question. My gauge does not go all the way to full it stops just short of the line.

So while I fill steady it either shuts off before it is fully filled, or I have a gauge issue.

Anyone else like this?

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
I use Costco and no issues on filling. However I do have a related question. My gauge does not go all the way to full it stops just short of the line.

So while I fill steady it either shuts off before it is fully filled, or I have a gauge issue.

Anyone else like this?
Tom, mine displays full when I top it off every time.

SF
Rick

Reactions: Tom0021

·
Administrator
16,505 Posts

Anyone else like this?
RedHot gets most of her fuel at Costos (almost have to you know, there is a picture of a Torch Red Stingray atop most of their pumps :D ) and I have not experienced any issues filling it up. The gauge always shows it filled to the max as well.:cool:

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
RedHot gets most of her fuel at Costos (almost have to you know, there is a picture of a Torch Red Stingray atop most of their pumps :D ) and I have not experienced any issues filling it up. The gauge always shows it filled to the max as well.:cool:
Jeff, I remember reading that somebody asked you while you were filling up at the pump, "that is cool they have a picture of your Corvette on top of all the pumps" You should have taken one down and signed it for him, "The RedHot Express" :cool:

SF
Rick

Reactions: jsvette

·
Registered
391 Posts
I've had problems.What I do now is run the gas in at 1/2 power.It don't shut off anymore til it's full.I would say just experiment with it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts