Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
10,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This thread will contain the items which I am procuring in preparation for the arrival of C.A.R.O.L.I.N.E. (Candy Apple Red, Outrageously Lovely, Incredibly Nimble Entertainment), as well as changes I make to her after she arrives.

·
Registered
10,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Battery Tender

I got the CTEK MUS 4.3 Battery Tender from Amazon. It is the Barrett-Jackson edition.

This particular model came with the "Comfort Connect" alligator clips, but did not have the eyelet attachment, or any other attachments, for that matter.

Here are pictures I took of the label on the bottom, as well as the front and rear of the box.

IMG_20160115_115127364.jpg

IMG_20160115_115041943.jpg

IMG_20160115_115114639.jpg

I have given my initial impressions on this device in a thread which is already discussing battery tenders. It can be found here: http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum...ies/8348-c7-battery-charger-3.html#post209030.

UPDATE on September 3, 2017: Shown below is a chart of the functional stages for the CTEK MUS 4.3.

Reactions: docjb

·
Registered
10,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Motor Oil for the 500 mile oil change: two 5 quart jugs of PUP 5W-30 Dexos1

So, I now have the motor oil which will be used for the 500 mile oil change. I know it is early to buy this. Nevertheless, I thought I had better get it while I could, since it is usually hard to find around here, especially at a good price.

IMG_20160119_130516912_HDR.jpg

·
Registered
10,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Personalization Plaque

I think this may have been one of the hardest things in the world that I have ever tried to procure, until I found the "secret" to make it easy.

Anyway, I am not only no longer constrained to the 24 character (including spaces) limit of the BV4 option, but I can also have anything engraved that I want on the other lines as well. I am now really glad that I didn't do the BV4 option, since I can customize this in a far superior manner.

After getting it engraved, I plan on getting some automotive touchup paint in Long Beach Red to color in some of the letters, before having the whole thing cleared and polished.

Personalization_Plaque.jpg

Happy Belated Graduation Present to me!

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
I think this may have been one of the hardest things in the world that I have ever tried to procure, until I found the "secret" to make it easy.

Anyway, I am not only no longer constrained to the 24 character (including spaces) limit of the BV4 option, but I can also have anything engraved that I want on the other lines as well. I am now really glad that I didn't do the BV4 option, since I can customize this in a far superior manner.

After getting it engraved, I plan on getting some automotive touchup paint in Long Beach Red to color in some of the letters, before having the whole thing cleared and polished.

View attachment 41301

Happy Belated Graduation Present to me!
I remember how important this is for you. Congratulations!

·
Registered
176 Posts
I see that you figured out your way around the 24 characters, good to hear it!
Would you mind letting me in on where to get the blank plaque, I would like to personalize one.

·
Registered
10,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I see that you figured out your way around the 24 characters, go to hear it.
Would you mind letting me in on where to get the blank plaque, I would like to personalize one.
I did everything under the sun I could think of to get one of these. I contacted the Museum but got nowhere helpful. I contacted GM, and escalated it to the third level before getting shot down. I finally got two of the standard "CORVETTE STINGRAY" ones like you find in StingRays [I got two because one got damaged] to dremel off the already-existing "CORVETTE STINGRAY" embossed text with the idea I would get it painted carbon flash on the background to cover up the dremel scratches before getting it engraved and then going from there.

Then, well, as dumb luck would have it, I was browsing and ran across the following page CENTER CONSOLE for 2015 Chevrolet Corvette
Check out the "CONSOLE & COMPONENTS, W/PERSONALIZED, W/O MUSEUM LOGO" which is one of the options for exploded part #27. Yes, you can snag one of part number 22891838 from Trunk Monkey for $37.56, and it will get delivered exactly as you see in my post #5 above (disclaimer: I bought mine from my local dealer, but Trunk Monkey's price is hard to beat).

So, the best laid plans went down the tubes, and dumb luck got me what I had been fighting for for almost two years. Isn't that how life works?

·
Registered
10,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
10,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I ordered an SD card for the PDR from Amazon, and received it in the mail today. Below is a picture of the brand and type which I bought.

IMG_20160215_121630798.jpg

·
18,670 Posts
It is fun to start collective tools and mod pieces while waiting for our cars to arrive. The little present packages help to pass the days away.

·
Registered
10,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It is fun to start collective tools and mod pieces while waiting for our cars to arrive. The little present packages help to pass the days away.
Thank you for your recommendations, John! Jon at West Coast Corvettes was indeed a great guy to talk to and order from. The pucks are just box #1 of two for orders which were placed with him. The other box should be here Thursday.

I am also expecting a package today or tomorrow from Trunk Monkey. More goodies are to be revealed maybe today or tomorrow!

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
More goodies are to be revealed maybe today or tomorrow!
One thing I ordered ahead of time was a car cover. I got the Weathershield HD and am real happy with it. It took about three weeks or so to get it cause they are made to order so I was glad I ordered it before the car arrived. Ordered directly from Covercraft.

Two other things that I ordered ahead of time were the splash guards and the cargo area cover. Both were "on constraint" from the secondary market vendors at the time so again I'm glad I ordered them early. As luck would have it all three of these things arrived just before the car was delivered to the dealer.

·
Registered
623 Posts
A bumper bib (rear facia protector) will keep your back end pristine while loading or unloading ANYTHING. They hook under the carpet and can be deployed one handed, which is helpful.

IMAG1556.jpg

Reactions: rdslon01

·
Administrator
16,494 Posts
A bumper bib (rear facia protector) will keep your back end pristine while loading or unloading ANYTHING. They hook under the carpet and can be deployed one handed, which is helpful.

View attachment 42653
Here is a bit clearer picture of the fascia protector:
P1060353.jpg

Reactions: rdslon01 and owc6

·
Registered
10,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lisa, you and Jeff just showed something which is on the way! Part number 23124544 is on the way from Trunk Monkey.

You both get bonus points. :)

·
Registered
10,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
One thing I ordered ahead of time was a car cover. I got the Weathershield HD and am real happy with it. It took about three weeks or so to get it cause they are made to order so I was glad I ordered it before the car arrived. Ordered directly from Covercraft.

Two other things that I ordered ahead of time were the splash guards and the cargo area cover. Both were "on constraint" from the secondary market vendors at the time so again I'm glad I ordered them early. As luck would have it all three of these things arrived just before the car was delivered to the dealer.
Thank you Boomer! You also get bonus points for hitting on one of the other things arriving from Trunk Monkey: GM part number 22935639 for rear splash guards.

What about the front? Stay tuned. :)

Reactions: Boomer

·
Registered
10,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)

·
Registered
10,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
The splash guards will help keep Caroline clean and protected.

Reactions: rdslon01

·
Registered
531 Posts
Are you going to put on skirts?

1 - 20 of 93 Posts