·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Reactions: rdslon01

·
Registered
10,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Amazing and entertaining story, and I'm embarrassed to say I'd not seen that post before ( I go out of my way to read most of yours).
Thank you, Mobius! I make it a point to read all of yours. I sure have learned a lot from you.

Reactions: Mobius

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Thank you, Mobius! I make it a point to read all of yours. I sure have learned a lot from you.
Lol - thanks.

Well, I'm on Eastern time, and we've got a perfect mid-70s weekend ahead here in Northern Indiana... gotta get some rest since I'll be tearing up the roads all weekend. :eek:nthego:

·
Registered
10,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Lol - thanks.

Well, I'm on Eastern time, and we've got a perfect mid-70s weekend ahead here in Northern Indiana... gotta get some rest since I'll be tearing up the roads all weekend. :eek:nthego:
Have a good one!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Im using Royal Purple but I am intrigued by the Pennzoil Ultra Platinum. Let us know how you like it.

·
Registered
10,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Im using Royal Purple but I am intrigued by the Pennzoil Ultra Platinum. Let us know how you like it.
Mobius has used Pennzoil Ultra Platinum for years in his cars. He is in a position where he can give a long-term review, and that (long-term performance of the automobile in which it is used) is what really matters, of course.

From my limited perspective, so far it has been great.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Which are the best pucks? Composite ones from WildVettes with the eyebolt that you remove when not using or the permanently mounted aluminum ones with the half round top that fit in the frame slots?

Doug

·
18,670 Posts

·
Registered
10,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Looking back on a successful 500 mile oil change: no burnt oil smell!

Somehow I never linked the following post about the 500 mile oil change which was done back in April of 2016. To make it easier to find in the future, I am linking it below.

It contains information about how to be overly cautious and prevent the dreaded http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum...sions/12014-burnt-oil-smell-3.html#post226995. It just takes a few more minutes to be careful, and I am a firm believer in an ounce of prevention being better than a ton of cure.

·
Registered
10,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
I'm interested to know how that will holdup.
Okay, Boomer, it has been over a year now. I took a look earlier today. The painted mufflers are really holding up well. Other than needing a washing to get a light coat of dust off, they look as good now as they did a year ago.

Reactions: Boomer

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Okay, Boomer, it has been over a year now. I took a look earlier today. The painted mufflers are really holding up well. Other than needing a washing to get a light coat of dust off, they look as good now as they did a year ago.
Thats great. I haven't looked at that area on mine lately. With the large temp changes and exposure to the elements your treatment sounds like its very durable. I think I'll go back and read again what you did, check to see how my "raw" mufflers are holding up and decide whether I want to do the same. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Mobius has used Pennzoil Ultra Platinum for years in his cars. He is in a position where he can give a long-term review, and that (long-term performance of the automobile in which it is used) is what really matters, of course.

From my limited perspective, so far it has been great.
Pennzoil Ultra Platinum (PUP) is still my preferred oil, and the only oil I have used in my Stingray since the 1st 500 mile oil change. I've been very happy with it over the 24,000 miles we've covered.

I typically look for sales on PUP, as it is otherwise a bit salty (~$9/Qt). When on sale I've purchased it for as low as ~$25/5Qt container. Pennzoil also has a $2 online rebate per quart (24 Qt maximum): Pennzoil $2 Per Quart Rebate Offer | United States

81 - 93 of 93 Posts