Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is an arrow pointing left at the top of the oil pressure gauge and one pointing right at the top of the temperature gauge. I just noticed that the one on the left (oil pressure) is brightly lit, while the one on the right (temperature) is not. Anybody know what this is about? I just had the oil changed for the first time, but I did set the oil life to 100%.

·
Administrator
16,301 Posts
I don't think it has anything to do with anything :D Here is an old shot of RedHot where it appears that the left arrow is brighter than the one on the right if that is what you are talking about.

P1060047.jpg

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes. That's exactly what I see. Wonder why one is brighter than the other? Also, both arrows go off when the door is open and "door ajar" is displayed. Just wanted to make sure nothing was amiss. Thanks for your reply!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yes. That's exactly what I see. Wonder why one is brighter than the other? Also, both arrows go off when the door is open and "door ajar" is displayed. Just wanted to make sure nothing was amiss. Thanks for your reply!
I don't own one so take this for what it's worth. Are the arrows for the different gauges meaning when you turn the knob you get a different display. The one on the left is lit because you can turn the knob left to get to a different display whereas the right one is not lit bright because there is no more displays left if you try to turn the knob right? Just a big guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Correct if it is grayed out means there is not a option to navigate in that direction using the arrows on the steering wheel.

In the case described above you can use the left arrow which opens the menu that let's you navigate through pref, info, audio etc which is then displayed in the center display.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts