Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I don't think this is possible given the design and electronics of the C7, but here goes:

Waze is an "app" that can warn of traffic issues audibly through at least an Android phone.

My phone Bluetooth connects to the car.

When the phone rings, it interrupts the radio or other media and let's a phone call occur.

Would anyone know if it is possible to make Waze (or any "app") interrupt the radio or ipod with a verbal announcement?

Thank you.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Would anyone know if it is possible to make Waze (or any "app") interrupt the radio or ipod with a verbal announcement?
I use the Navigation App on my Android phone to get voice directions. Just use the phone as the media device* to listen to music (via a bluetooth link).

So, it should work for Waze.

*Play MP3s from the phone, stream Pandora, or use a radio station app. There is also a SiriusXM app for android phones.

Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I use waze with the wire plugged in to the usb port I get notifications thru the C7 speakers.I'm using an iPhone 5s
Thanks! When you do this are you using the phone as the Media device and NOT using the Radio? Thanks.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I use the Navigation App on my Android phone to get voice directions. Just use the phone as the media device* to listen to music (via a bluetooth link).

So, it should work for Waze.

*Play MP3s from the phone, stream Pandora, or use a radio station app. There is also a SiriusXM app for android phones.
Thanks! And I assume you are not using the Radio? Plus do you have Waze set to "talk through he phone?" Many thanks! Sounds like I can't use the iPod and phone at the same time. This car continually loses contact with anything connected to the USB ports requiring an "unplug and replug." Many have reported the same condition on this or other forums. Thanks.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Thanks! When you do this are you using the phone as the Media device and NOT using the Radio? Thanks.
This. If you have your phone plugged in and are playing media from there, you will hear all the same alerts and warnings through your car speakers as you normally would through the phone, including Waze. But only when you have the "radio" set to the phone, not when you have satellite or FM/AM.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts