Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh my god.... it finally happened today. Status Code 5000. I thought this day would never come. Started out at one dealership.... got smart on Allocations... ended up leaving that dealership, and went with a larger dealership.... ended up having to go to Afghanistan... so I had to wait on actually having Kerbeck push the "go" button on the order.... Got locked in on the price before the increase.... and now... here I am sitting in "lovely" Afghanistan getting ready to go home in a week! There's a satisfying moment that I know most of you can relate to when you make the sea change from Corvette shopping to Corvette Owner.

Can't wait to get home, my wife and I will be making our way up to Jersey and take a 3 or so day trip back down to North Carolina in our new BABY!

What did I order? 2LT Z51 Coupe, Laguna Blue, Chrome Wheels, Red Calipers, Exhaust, Carbon Fiber Dash, Nav, Mag Ride, Automatic, Black Leather Interior, and lastly... a lasting smile!

Thought long and hard on the Carbon Fiber Roof and the "clear" roof.... then it hit me... if it's nice and i want to see outside.... Boom! Top comes off. I still think the CF Roof Panel looks amazing.... but i'm pretty happy with my choices.

If there's anyone out there that has not got their Stingray yet (and i know you're out there.. i was all over this forum for months before i finally got mine "ordered" officially) this forum is an incredible resource and some of the friendliest people I've experienced on a forum before. 4 days and a wake up until i leave this joint... and 15 days and a wake up until I see just how sexy my wife looks in this car next to me as we cruise the coastline back home!

MB

·
Registered
810 Posts
Glad you're coming home soon jarhead! Keep your head down till you get the hell out of hell! Talk about an exciting homecoming! Wish I lived closer to Kerbeck to see you get your car.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
usmcstinger, congrats on your C7 order and 4 days to go in country, "Outstanding" then you get on that freedom bird and come back to the real world. I had 13 overseas deployment before I retired after Iraq 2003.

I know your feeling like most all forum members when they see their C7 masterpiece for the first time. Ours was delivered to my house on a nice sunny day from MacMulkin Chevrolet, NH. It felt like one big Christmas present sitting in front of the house, and the driver cranked the Vette up to off load it and it was like releasing a lion from its cage. We took pictures and video taped the entire event, (Now I can replay that video over and over when I end up in a rest home or they take my drivers license away LOL). Renee was the first one to drive our C7 around Jacksonville and she had a blast. I sat there riding shotgun in awe watching two beautys, my beautiful young bride of 28 years and our Torch Red Corvette.

Leatherneck, welcome home and enjoy every minute with family, (that is priceless) and have one hellva blast on your trip in your Vette.

Semper Fi Brother
Rick

Reactions: usmcstinger

·
Administrator
16,285 Posts
Congrats MB on the great news on your LB Vette!:cool:

·
Registered
582 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
U.S. Marine....

Our trip back from Jersey is to more or less follow the coast line. We want to do the Outer Banks as well for at least a whole day. Make our way down the coast line and take the ferry eventually to Beaufort area. I'd like to get pictures in front of all the Lighthouses.... As much as possible. Hatteras will be difficult... but try to get it in the background. You know the drill.... Then just leisurely make our way to Sneads Ferry/Topsail area.

It'll be nice seeing my beautiful wife in my beauty as well. I'd love to watch the Gunny (my wife's a Gunny...) driving her down Hwy 12. Another reason I'd like to do the OBX and get some pictures.

I'm really looking forward to this. 2 days and a wake up... and im on my way to Romania.... from there.... I'm just a few days away. I've heard nothing but rave reviews about the dealership you used as well. And i'll be honest with you... I almost went with them as well. But its like Recruiting duty. First to Contact.... first to Contract. Kerbeck has been AMAZING with my wife and I. Completely working with us and working the dates out right that the car show up just before I come home. There's Logistics in that. Dave at Kerbeck would have made a great 04XX....

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

S/F
Mark

·
Registered
873 Posts
Welcome home and enjoy the new ride!

From a long time vette fanatic, ex-AF pilot, and Marine brat, thank you and Semper Fi!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Welcome home! We can't wait to see your pictures!

Thank you for your service,

·
Registered
827 Posts
usmcstinger...

Dude...You're so short you've disappeared into your boots :) Any special dumb thing done for those who get short? In Nam when we got within 30 days of going home, you'd tie a ribbon from a Seagrams VO bottle through a button hole on your fatigue shirt. Why? Who knows? Just someway to show you're short.

Lets us know when you get in country...Can't wait to tell you, "Welcome Home Marine". You have my utmost respect and Thank You for all you've done for us.

Reactions: Ragtop
1 - 13 of 13 Posts