Stingray Corvette Forum banner

561 - 580 of 602 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
It just highlights the incredible markup on the Vespa.

Here in Missouri 50cc or less doesn't require tags so here in Saint Louis they're very popular with students.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Training wheels??? John

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #563 · (Edited)
as a member of the iron butt club and holder of a saddlesore 1000 pin, I don't think so , I'll let you figure out what that is....

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
Glen, just curious. What bike did you do the SS1K on?

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #565 · (Edited)
BMW k1100 RS- touring windshield
Saddlesore from sarasota to pandandle state line and back in 24 hours - 1036 miles
Bike modded my way (adult subtle) :

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #569 · (Edited)
So after some more investigation and in talking to Mark here, I decided to upgrade to the next model up because the Metropolitan was just not going to be fast enuf to be safe On some of the roads that I'm on around here. (35 mph vs 62 mph) So I upgraded to the honda PCX150 , amazing how this scooters design duplicates the angularity of the C7 that will sit next to it in the garage. Perfect bedfellows

·
Registered
571 Posts
When do the mods start??? John

·
Registered
17 Posts
Glen E, awesome work. You are a wealth of knowledge on taking care of and protecting your ride. Where did all this product knowledge come from? I am impressed and will use some of your techniques and products. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #573 · (Edited)
Thanks, 40 years of modding boats and cars, and a lot of failed mods......I use google, the forums and you tube to learn instead of being helpless, just dive in , realize that if you screw it up its not the end of the world, and learn from your mistakes.

And setting up a network of people smarter than me to help, for example, sean at vettefx working on a striping plan for the new scooter:

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #575 · (Edited)
Just add some content here , I just went away on biz for six weeks so I disconnected my negative battery cable because I do not have any power to the car in the condo garage. When I came back, I reconnected, it started immediately , ran fine , and all I did was lose window indexing and HUD elevation. Everything else seems to be there.

Will read the voltage tomorrow or the next day....

[Update: voltage is 12.4 after 6 weeks...]

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #576 · (Edited)
So today i wanted to get the paint sealed on the scooter, for dirt and such, the paint is in great shape ;no swirls, and no OP. Passes the baggie test for clay. no need. So Unlike a lengthy detail on my cars of clay, polish and seal, this bike got the 15 min procedure of paint clean with diluted iso alcohol, and then straight to Crystal Seal. Done for 3 months. Back to riding!

So hard to show gloss on pearl white ....but its there.....

And the similarity of design lines of both c7 and Scooter still amaze me:

Next; new shocks, pipe and striping coming up.....

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #577 · (Edited)
Mods as of 7/13

Bikerzbits Type 7 Seat - flatter
Dr Pulley 13g Sliders- more accell, less top end
YSS Z-type XL shocks- huge help
Malossi Exhaust- nice sound, great satin finish
Paint sealed:Blackfire Crystal Seal
Shield coated:CQuartzUK
Wheels and undercarriage coated: CarPro Hydro2
H2C filler door
H2C handlebar clamp
H2C brake & end caps
Modified H2C floor panels
H2C Dipstick
H2C Decal set
Mirror extenders

Just a thanks to scooterpartsco and bikerzbits, all shipments on time and intact, no quality problems on any item I ordered. Mods done for now….

·
Administrator
16,494 Posts
Looking pretty sharp Glen!

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #580 · (Edited)
It has been a fun past weeks deconstructing this bike. It is amazing to see how it's built. It's a car through and through, complete with ECM/ program injection/ flat SOHC single cylinder/ water cooled , engine hidden completely , and hooked to a CVT that is seamless from 0 to 60 mph. The dashboard is like a honda car. Complete LED everywhere. Everything is double bolted and was laced up tight with Loctite red. Just like the vette, all clips and push pinns,etc.

561 - 580 of 602 Posts