Stingray Corvette Forum banner

581 - 600 of 602 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
New Stingray owner here (first American car since I got my mom's '76 Malibu back in '84). I've been into BMWs (mostly M3s for ever). Just signed on to CURSE/PRAISE Glen. Incredible thread...has already cost me thousands in just 2 days. :)

Sold my last BMW M3 (Twin Screw Supercharged, Twin Disc Clutch, every mod known to man) to my bud in Cali. He changed it from Silver to White, and now calls it "Hydra". Checkout his collection at Home - The JMFP Garage

Glen, you remind me of my friend Jim (site above) both of you have a great eye for modifications.

- chip

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #583 · (Edited)
so just a long-term review of the Fumoto quick change valve I put on nine months ago. I used it today and this thing is just as slick as it gets. Here are the steps to do a change in 15-30 minutes with no mess at all in your own driveway. Im at a condo so i need to be quick.
1. Remove under hood filler cap, then Low profile jack in front to raise whole front. Add safety with 2 jackstands on cross brace
2. reach and flip the valve with the drain pan underneath with the tube attached , lower car.
3. Let it drain for 5-10 minutes.
4. Repeat 1, spin off filter, replace with new, flip valve closed
5. Lower car add 6 qts to get mid hash marks on stick.

Done: the fumoto here:
http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum...-adding-quik-oil-change-valve.html#post104734

Note: this is for a base car, not a z51 solution.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Glen, thanks. I can't wait to take delivery and this thread has been a welcome digression.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #585 · (Edited)
Just a positive nod for these $28 storage bins, they work great, and are cheap:

On Amazon, search akro-mills parts storage....

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #586 ·
VERY IMPRESSED with this accessory, reads perfect anytime using the rear power receptacle in the trunk - off amazon, mfr is INNOVA

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Ok, so I finally finished all that I'm gonna do in the engine bay with Don's RPI stuff - the first pic is the gloss plenum (not interested in more CF) and it looks "serious", IMO...LOL

The second is adding the really glossy rails done in the color of my car with red accents...a HUGE diff from the stock ones above...

Both of these alcohol wiped and then treated with Dodo "tropical red mist" wipe on seal - made for hi temps...
Glen, how does the "red mist" compare with the Blackfire Crystal seal for underhood use? Does it really work better for high temp environments? Thanks.

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Remounted this badge/decal this morning as the other was slightly crooked. Letters avail from sean at vettefx.com, more importantly, sean sent me a couple vids on how to mount decals, vinyl, stingers etc, a dry instead of wet method. Much easier, too big to put here, I'll put them with my DROPBOX detailing docs - avail here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tclhop5j8xx7pmq/part 1 install decal.MOV
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k6dranam8uf320x/part 2 decal install.MOV

Hey Glen, another question or two:

Those links are no longer good. Do you still have the videos available? And is that StingRay decal individual letters, or is it a single piece with a clear background. I would normally assume individual letters, but in the photo it sort of looks like there's an edge below them.

Thanks.

Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Thanks Glen.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #592 · (Edited)
Just a quick pic as I was coming out of the drug store yesterday, this wetsand+CQUK was done 14 months ago, OP much reduced........ Since then, nothing but rinseless washes:

·
18,670 Posts
Glen, if we did not know better, we would think you just yesterday had a $30,000 paint job done on your car, buffed out by the best team of professional detailers in the world. (Oh yes, car all done by our own professional -- you!.)

You are good!!!! And your car looks terrific!!!

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #594 ·
thanks john, and what is so frustrating sometimes, is it's easy! Yet some still cling to the old ways and spend 3 to 4 times the hours what I spend detailing a car. I don't have time for that...

·
Registered
61 Posts
glen e - how about some OJT at my house?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
glen e - how about some OJT at my house?
glen e, I have a better offer. I live in Maine and very soon the weather is going to get ugly. I'll make the road trip to your place - LOL.

Gusto!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Glen,

Your paint and wheel/rim combination are perfect. Thanks for all the help.

After over four weeks of waiting, my dealer finally came clean and told me they didn't know when
they would get an allotment, so I'm going with MacMulkin (2lt non Z51) I'm ashamed to admit it, but I'm still struggling with whether to add MSRC... or not.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Glen,

Your paint and wheel/rim combination are perfect. Thanks for all the help.

After over four weeks of waiting, my dealer finally came clean and told me they didn't know when
they would get an allotment, so I'm going with MacMulkin (2lt non Z51) I'm ashamed to admit it, but I'm still struggling with whether to add MSRC... or not.
Get the MSRC, I did and I'm glad I did! Tour mode is like riding on rails, Sport and Track firm it up noticeably. Expensive option but worth it in my mind!

581 - 600 of 602 Posts