Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Between now and June 30th, GM will honor military discount on all its brands, for current and separated military, as part of Military Appreciation Month. Also USAA $750 can be added to the discount. Only excluded Chevy vehicles are the Z-28 and the Spark EV, as per the following, "All 2015 and 2014 Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and, for the months of May and June, Cadillac cars, SUVs, crossovers and light-duty trucks are eligible for the GM Military Discount Program except:Chevrolet Z/28 and Spark EV."

Media.GM said:
From today until June 30, all active, reserve, retired and veteran military – regardless of separation date – can receive the General Motors military discount on Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac vehicles.

GM extended military pricing to the more than 21 million U.S. veterans from all service branches: U.S. Air Force, Army, Navy, Marines, National Guard and Coast Guard.

“GM has supported the U.S. military for 100 years. From providing purpose-built vehicles in conflict situations to today’s support for veterans and returning military personnel, we continue to be their strong allies,” said Steve Hill, GM vice president of U.S. Sales and Service. “This discount is just one part of our ongoing salute to those who serve our country.”

First offered in 2008, the GM Military Discount Program features pricing below suggested retail for eligible vehicles

The military discount can be combined with most current incentives. USAA members are eligible for an additional $750 discount. Eligible consumers must take delivery by June 30, 2014.

GM Chief Diversity Officer and retired Navy Capt. Ken Barrett said the military discount is a measure of appreciation for those who have served.

“Our support also includes significant employment and training opportunities for our currently transitioning military and significant philanthropic support for organizations dedicated to serving those who have sacrificed so much,” Barrett said.

Learn more at gmmilitarydiscount.com and ChevySalutes.com.
https://www.gmmilitarydiscount.com/ip-vpp/

GM Salutes Veterans During Military Appreciation Month

·
Registered
582 Posts
Thanks GM! I could have used that 6 months ago!!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Remember price increased.. So even though we couldn't use discount months ago we are in better spot!

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

·
Administrator
16,306 Posts
I think that is great. Hopefully some of our members will be able to take advantage of this. :cool:

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
"When you build a vehicle to your exact specifications you can view MSRP and the GM Military Discount Price. Simply follow the prompts."

The above quote was from the GM site, unfortunately after building the 2014 Corvette, I didn't see the GM Military Discount Price!!

USAF (1976-1979 active, 1981 inactive reserve).

·
Registered
1,385 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Remember price increased.. So even though we couldn't use discount months ago we are in better spot!

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app
Exactly

·
Administrator
16,306 Posts
"When you build a vehicle to your exact specifications you can view MSRP and the GM Military Discount Price. Simply follow the prompts."

The above quote was from the GM site, unfortunately after building the 2014 Corvette, I didn't see the GM Military Discount Price!!

USAF (1976-1979 active, 1981 inactive reserve).
suggest you click the "chat" option on the Chevrolet.com site and ask them or even better contact a local dealer

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hmm it states "take delivery by June 30, 2014". I guess that might exclude those that would be ordering. Would be interesting to see what that special price below MSRP might be.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Wow so many people on various threads keep bringing up the price increase. It's been awhile since the increase and by now we should be over it. There were many of us that bought before the price increase. Those that are buying now "COULD CARE LESS" that some got their cars for less than they are paying now. It appears to be another one of those "I'm better than you" type comments. This is a GOOD opportunity for someone that can take advantage of it. I know a couple of people that are buying but they are in the camp that they would not buy a first year car......I don't argue with them, it was their choice and they KNEW there would most likely be a mid year price increase and then possibly another increase for the new model year. Let's get over it, buying cars can be like buying an airplane ticket. The person next to you may have paid way more or way less than you did. The bottom line is you are still on the same airplane.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Okay...Maybe I got bit by the stupid bug but when I read this, I read it as having two parts..."All 2015 and 2014 Chevrolet, Buick, GMC....and for the months of May and June, Cadillac cars, SUVs, crossovers and light-duty trucks are eligible for the GM Military Discount Program except:Chevrolet Z/28 and Spark EV."is it says "2015." So how am I to take delivery by June 30 on any 2015 Chevrolet?

·
Administrator
16,306 Posts
Is dealer participation mandatory? I'm not sure it is.
If you are to take delivery by June 30 I would say so.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Wow so many people on various threads keep bringing up the price increase. It's been awhile since the increase and by now we should be over it. There were many of us that bought before the price increase. Those that are buying now "COULD CARE LESS" that some got their cars for less than they are paying now. It appears to be another one of those "I'm better than you" type comments. This is a GOOD opportunity for someone that can take advantage of it. I know a couple of people that are buying but they are in the camp that they would not buy a first year car......I don't argue with them, it was their choice and they KNEW there would most likely be a mid year price increase and then possibly another increase for the new model year. Let's get over it, buying cars can be like buying an airplane ticket. The person next to you may have paid way more or way less than you did. The bottom line is you are still on the same airplane.
I think when referring to this thread we will were talking about how all of us military folk wanted a military discount but were not able to get one so we just went ahead and ordered right in the beginning. Also if we did wait would have probably ended up in the same place. I don't get the vibe that anyone here thinks that they are better than anyone else. There are many forums out there who seem to have members who have pissing matches and try to one up other members but I don't think this forum is like that.

·
Administrator
16,306 Posts
I think when referring to this thread we will were talking about how all of us military folk wanted a military discount but were not able to get one so we just went ahead and ordered right in the beginning. Also if we did wait would have probably ended up in the same place. I don't get the vibe that anyone here thinks that they are better than anyone else. There are many forums out there who seem to have members who have pissing matches and try to one up other members but I don't think this forum is like that.
Very well put H20Stingray. Thank you for bringing the thread back to point.

·
Registered
115 Posts
What I find interesting is that the two comments that I was replying about are no longer view-able. I'm military folk and was in the same boat as the rest of the military folk. Maybe my eyes were playing tricks on me, or I inadvertently responded to the wrong forum.

Thanks jsvette for ensuring that we are back on point, as I don't see how pre-price increase has anything to do with the recently announced military discount.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Darn! I saw where it cuts off on June 30, 2014 when you must take delivery by. This doesn't really do anything if we're waiting on the 2015 Z06. Hope GM comes up with this next year, plus I'm a USAA member and I'm 100% disabled.... Darn!

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
"Participant Eligibility
Eligible military includes Active Duty members, Reserves, Veterans within one year of discharge date, and Retirees, including their spouses, of the U.S. Air Force, Army, Navy, Marines, National Guard and Coast Guard."

Well, that clarifies that I don't qualify since it's been 31 years since I separated, USAF 1976-1979.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts