Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone besides myself had problems with the GM build website? For weeks now it constantly locks up and crashes. I've tried Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Explorer. I've tried it on multiple different wifi networks and on cellular signals.

So how am I supposed to trust a company to build a first class car if they can't build a mediocre website that works? I know this sounds harsh, I don't mean it to be, but I have a deposit down on a 2015 3LT Z51, and I'm starting to have second thoughts.

Comments?

·
Registered
10,545 Posts
Generally, the GM build website for Corvette is trash on Windows and IOS (although the GM build website works okay for Cadillac on those OS). The only OS I have found which runs the Corvette build website reliably is Solaris.

I agree that GM should feel humiliated about their website; on the other hand, they do know how to build amazing automobiles.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply. As I've never heard of Solaris, I'll take your word for it. I have a Mac but have tried all these browser versions on Mac and Windows. Just as a receptionist or call center employee is the public's image of a company, so is the build website with GM.

Also, I've tried the chat service asking some questions about the car twice. The first time I got a completely false reply no matter how many times I questioned the logic of the reply concerning wheel options. The second time I asked a simple question: "Will the single or dual roof panels fit in the cargo area?" The answer was: "I don't know and there's no way for me to find out."

Yikes. I hope you're right about a complete dissociation between their presentation to the public and the quality of the actual build.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
The first few times I used it back in October it worked fine without any issues, since then it pretty much crashes every time I use it. I think that maybe I broke it from going onto it too much just so I could configure my baby "one more time". :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
The site locked up several times when "building" my dream Stingray. I'd just shut down and try a little later on. I was able to build six different Stingrays over several weeks so I was able to build just what I wanted and when I went to my dealer I had the information I needed to place an order. My build price was identical to what the dealer came up with. Now I just wait for updates.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Website is finally back up and running properly. It only took GM about 6 months to fix it.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I've be using it on my Mac for the past couple weeks with no issues. Desktop and iPad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts