Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
These taillights fit perfect with the C7's vehicle lines, no matter how or what angle you look at the back of a C7 it screams Corvette!!!

SF
Rick

·
Banned
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, now '16 Z06
9,698 Posts
I think they look good, I like them. I still hear the Camaro comparison from non-Vette folks and a few of the C6 crowd. :)

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I noticed today that the Camaro tail lights have been changed--wonder why. I like the overall style of the C7. Also with a couple of years geometry logged in my brain I notice the C4's are not round--amazing what geometry teaches about circles. cutnout aka Charlie

·
Registered
718 Posts
Rectangular taillights look perfect for this modern looking Corvette.
Wondering why they would not continue that theme into the tailpipes? How about some rectangular pipes!
The circular pipes seem to clash and be out-of-place.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
^^^^^
+1
+1
Mike
I saw some extensions by Corsa or Borla but could not find them on a web. Also Callaway has some. Their shapes follow the design lines of the C7. cutnout aka Charlie

·
Registered
231 Posts
Umm, I would have to go measure them, but my C4 tails are pretty darn round. it's an 87, that said, i think it was 91 when Chevy went to square lights with rounded corners. I seem to recall people talking about it back then and plenty of folks were critical of it. Frankly, while my first reaction to the C7 lights was "looks like camero lights" I think they look pretty good on the rear end and I like the designers comments about the Vette and camero having some shared design elements over the years. Keep in mind, both are made by GM so they are bound to share some elements - it's a branding thing.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Great pic, and it reminds me that the C7 looks perfect to me with these new (non-round) taillights. Sometimes change is good.

Remove the insignia, and people could easily mistake this as a Lamborghini from this view.

Reactions: ZeeshanFarooq29

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I LOVE the taillights and the whole rear end of the car. The view of the rear is my favorite of the car. I loved in the video how they showed the 70's Camaro rounds looking almost identical to the Corvette of the same vintage. I also agreed that you need to compare them side by side, because there really is no comparison, as the Corvette taillights are uniquely Corvette. I love the depth when they are lit at night!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Having been a fan of the Corvette from the first time I saw an ad on the Diana Shore Show in 53, there has not been a new Vette that I didn't think looked fantastic. The only exception was the C6, but after awhile it began to grow on me. I was a big fan of the roll up head lights. Of course the Performance just got better and better evey year.

The first time I saw the C7, I thought they finally got it right. For years the Corvettes performance was comperable, if not superior to the exotic sports cars, but now it had it all. The C7 has the lines and looks of the exotic sports car market. There is nothing I don't like about the C7, and the tail lights fit the design perfectly.

My order for a 2015 C7 goes in next week. Kudos to the Corvette design and engineering team

·
Registered
765 Posts
Add me to the tail light loving group. They look perfect on the C7. I agree with the design director, round would have looked dated or retro. GM has repeatedly said that they weren't going for a retro look, and I'm glad they didn't. To me the C7 design is automotive perfection, I wouldn't change a square inch of it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
They should make not only the exhaust pipes, but the wheels square as well. jk the car is great, the angular tail lights fit very well with the rest of the design. I'm not sold on the weepy mascara look of the plastic surrounds but I think maybe just sharpening some lines on them is all I'd really want. Round tail lights would not work with the rest of the car's design as angular as it is. Ferraris do ok with them but they still have more rounded parts on them overall.

Reactions: Mobius

·
Registered
117 Posts
I've had hundreds of people come up to my car and look at the rear nothing but compliments honestly have never gotten a negative response. They love the car. I have a cyber gray Z-51 it's always clean. People are overwhelmed with the beauty of the car.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts