Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Stingray was the hit of the North American International Auto Show. But aside from the emotional reaction, we're only starting to realize why. Chevy is taking it upscale. "It was our intent to make the car more premium," says Kirk Bennion, exterior design manager for General Motors. We're weren't achieving what we (needed) on the luxury-sport side of Corvette."

Continue Reading @ USAToday

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Absolutely the case on all points.

The 4LT in C6 was a good improvement, but still not quite to the level of the XLR until it was canned in 2009.

Allthebest, TCM
I realize that most car manufacturers care a ton about sales numbers, but profit has to be a consideration. Make less, increase profit margin by raising prices and increase exclusivity for the buyers. I think that would be a long term benefit.

·
Administrator
103 Posts
GM has proven to have some "issues" dealing with the idea of "upscale, exclusive" cars. Maybe this will be the car that figures it out for them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
GM has proven to have some "issues" dealing with the idea of "upscale, exclusive" cars. Maybe this will be the car that figures it out for them.
Hi there,

No question on this point as well. But I also believe it has to do with narrow minded dealerships as well. I can tell you of one service center here in Ct that actually told a factory representative, "our technicians are good enough, they do not need any more training", after he told them that the training standards will be revamped for C7.

I laughed right in his face and then asked if they would consider training me 6 months early!

But that is such the mindset of most dealerships, if it costs money, they will not make the investment till they ABSOLUTELY MUST and I think its time for Chevrolet to demand MORE from its dealership service department.

Allthebest, TCM

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
I'll definitely go along with this. It's the little things they did with this Vette that made such a HUGE difference. It really does have the look and feel of a premium sports car and should demand that price. As they say, you have to pay to play.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts