Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All.
I put my deposit down on a 2020 C8 and as many got bumped to a 2021. Dealer calls September 2020 to come in and put my order into the workbench. Not sure when I hit 1100 status, but I checked with the Corvette consierge several times beginning early in the year to find out that my car had been produce and was shipping end of Feb. first week of March. Car arrived at dealer 3/8, picked it up 3/10. My attention was totally on the car and not the paperwork. When I got home and looked over the packet I was given I did not have a copy of the bill of sale. Got the sales rep to send me one, received about a week later. At that time I compared the sticker with the bill of sale to find that I was charged the increased price. First thought was dealer was trying to mess with the numbers but they sent me a picture of their invoice and they where charged with the increase. First comment was that price is what it is. Also a comment was made that if I didn't like it I could bring the car back, yeah right. After WAY too much conversation and sending numerous links to websites noting that GM was holding prices on orders prior to 3/1. They finally got it. They where completely unaware of this price policy. I talked to the concierge who gave me the hot line phone number, who gave me the GM corporate number, which now is not in use and you are directed to the website to do a "Live" chat which did not work. Finally called the concierge back told them of my plight and the young lady went to her supervisor to find out what to do. Few minutes later she said they would reach out to the zone rep for the dealership and get them involved. Dealer said they would do the same. As of today nothing. I am sure I am not alone. To all who are receiving your Absolutely Amazing Corvette now watch out for the price you are charged. Moral of the story is GM errored in their invoicing and dealers are clueless.

·
Administrator
16,435 Posts
Thanks for the heads up kwm. Hopefully it will be worked out in your favor soon. Lets see some pictures of your C8 when you get a chance!

·
Registered
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, now '16 Z06
9,617 Posts
Hopefully you'll get your dilemma straightened out.

FYI: For the old timers here with not the best of eyesight, paragraph breaks would be very helpful in trying to decipher the written word. To me, after reading about 3 - 4 lines, the words start coming together and I can't follow anymore.

Thanks,
Norm

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
GM is going to rebate the difference between the prior dealer cost and the higher cost back to the dealer. The dealer may be ignorant, or may be lying to you, but you should get that $1000 back. If the dealer is unwilling to do it, follow the procedures in the owners manual for escalating the dispute to GM.

It's not really an error by GM. The company has notified its dealers of the process. But you're right, many dealers are clueless and many more are greedy.

Reactions: jsvette

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

FYI: For the old timers here with not the best of eyesight, paragraph breaks would be very helpful in trying to decipher the written word. To me, after reading about 3 - 4 lines, the words start coming together and I can't follow anymore.

Thanks,
Norm
Sorry Norm, old guy here too, and I hate to type

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GM is going to rebate the difference between the prior dealer cost and the higher cost back to the dealer. The dealer may be ignorant, or may be lying to you, but you should get that $1000 back. If the dealer is unwilling to do it, follow the procedures in the owners manual for escalating the dispute to GM.

It's not really an error by GM. The company has notified its dealers of the process. But you're right, many dealers are clueless and many more are greedy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Thanks jsvett
Do you know how they where notified? I think a little direction may help them.
Thanks again

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
I think all communication from GM to the dealers is electronic. Not sure if that's just an email, but my guess is it comes through GM's official communication channel, with TSBs and the like. But no, I don't know for sure.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think all communication from GM to the dealers is electronic. Not sure if that's just an email, but my guess is it comes through GM's official communication channel, with TSBs and the like. But no, I don't know for sure.
Thanks. I will let them know about the rebate back notification and see if that helps.
My sales person said a subsequent delivery owner caught it. I can't figure why the GM rep couldn't have answered the question immediately when asked.

Thanks again

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
1,033 Posts
Hope this helps Norm.....

Hello All.

I put my deposit down on a 2020 C8 and as many got bumped to a 2021. Dealer calls September 2020 to come in and put my order into the workbench.

Not sure when I hit 1100 status, but I checked with the Corvette concierge several times beginning early in the year to find out that my car had been produce and was shipping end of Feb. first week of March.

Car arrived at dealer 3/8, picked it up 3/10. My attention was totally on the car and not the paperwork. When I got home and looked over the packet I was given I did not have a copy of the bill of sale.

Got the sales rep to send me one, received about a week later. At that time I compared the sticker with the bill of sale to find that I was charged the increased price.

First thought was dealer was trying to mess with the numbers but they sent me a picture of their invoice and they where charged with the increase. First comment was that price is what it is.

Also a comment was made that if I didn't like it I could bring the car back, yeah right. After WAY too much conversation and sending numerous links to websites noting that GM was holding prices on orders prior to 3/1.

They finally got it. They where completely unaware of this price policy. I talked to the concierge who gave me the hot line phone number, who gave me the GM corporate number, which now is not in use and you are directed to the website to do a "Live" chat which did not work.

Finally called the concierge back told them of my plight and the young lady went to her supervisor to find out what to do. Few minutes later she said they would reach out to the zone rep for the dealership and get them involved. Dealer said they would do the same.

As of today nothing. I am sure I am not alone. To all who are receiving your Absolutely Amazing Corvette now watch out for the price you are charged. Moral of the story is GM errored in their invoicing and dealers are clueless.

Thanks,
Norm
Hello All.
I put my deposit down on a 2020 C8 and as many got bumped to a 2021. Dealer calls September 2020 to come in and put my order into the workbench. Not sure when I hit 1100 status, but I checked with the Corvette consierge several times beginning early in the year to find out that my car had been produce and was shipping end of Feb. first week of March. Car arrived at dealer 3/8, picked it up 3/10. My attention was totally on the car and not the paperwork. When I got home and looked over the packet I was given I did not have a copy of the bill of sale. Got the sales rep to send me one, received about a week later. At that time I compared the sticker with the bill of sale to find that I was charged the increased price. First thought was dealer was trying to mess with the numbers but they sent me a picture of their invoice and they where charged with the increase. First comment was that price is what it is. Also a comment was made that if I didn't like it I could bring the car back, yeah right. After WAY too much conversation and sending numerous links to websites noting that GM was holding prices on orders prior to 3/1. They finally got it. They where completely unaware of this price policy. I talked to the concierge who gave me the hot line phone number, who gave me the GM corporate number, which now is not in use and you are directed to the website to do a "Live" chat which did not work. Finally called the concierge back told them of my plight and the young lady went to her supervisor to find out what to do. Few minutes later she said they would reach out to the zone rep for the dealership and get them involved. Dealer said they would do the same. As of today nothing. I am sure I am not alone. To all who are receiving your Absolutely Amazing Corvette now watch out for the price you are charged. Moral of the story is GM errored in their invoicing and dealers are clueless.

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
1,033 Posts
Let us know when this is resolved as my friend put his deposit down on a 2020 last year and got pushed into a 2021 and took delivery March 29, 2021.

Unfortunately, I wonder if this happened to him and he didn't realize it as he is one of those people that moves a mile a minute and stuff like this I can see him missing.

So, I will be looking forward to hearing your outcome and being the good friend I might need to go through all of his paperwork and get him some money back lol.

Hello All.

·
Registered
5 Posts

I’m going with “greedy” on the dealers. My original dealer let me cancel my contract after 14 months and then within 2 weeks called me to the dealership and tried to sell me my car (they said it wasn’t) for $12k more. Other deal then had me in my car in 90 days for original price. Don’t think it’s GM. It’s sleazy opportunistic dealers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts