Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We do have a GM shared sample of Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic. it is being shown at Carlisle, specifically on a StingRay fuel door. While weather was not good there today, you can see some shadows on the fuel door, giving a pretty good representation of what a whole car would probably look like. Picture thanks to "mdiiulio."

Others attendees at Carlisle who saw the fuel door had a wide range of differing options, from I like it, to it is better looking than that, I think it looks like rust, it is brighter than that, and more. GM, we need to see a whole car is full sunlight, please.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
In that picture it kind of looks like shiny red oxide primer. I bet it looks quite different in the sun.

·
Registered
10,542 Posts
That looks like it has a lot of brown in it.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I also saw this yesterday at Carlisle.
I did not take a picture as I saw it early in the AM and I knew it was going to be difficult to get a good photo of it with an iPhone.

My opinion it as a bit orange to rust color versus how it came out above.
I hope this helps those of you trying to decide.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Terrible color from that angle. Saw a picture where the car was a copper color that i thought looked amazing...would tempt me to switch from black....but not this...

·
Registered
765 Posts
That last shot looks amazing to me. Very similar to Atomic Orange.

·
Registered
522 Posts
That changes things a bit. Being a metallic, I am really hoping it will have a really copper look to it, rather than a brownish...a very rich color...

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm tempted, but I don't want to have to wait for the whole QA process on new paint. That and I'd like to see it combined with Kalahari interior in person as I like the two tone too much to go straight black

·
Registered
522 Posts
If the stars lined up and that color had that copper look I have been hoping for, that color on a Z06 with a dual stripe in black or a carbon fiber similar to the Pacific package, black rims and brownstone 2lz interior would make for an amazing final look.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts