Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, now '16 Z06
Discussion Starter #1
Still smarting from the cracked wheel fiasco and utter non-caring I endured from GM, decided to go with a flow formed wheel offered by a national vendor.

Anticipating possibly another crack anytime with the OE Z06 wheels, would like to nip that in the bud.

So I purchased a set of these to replace the set of those...........馃榿

Anyone requiring any info on the new wheels, send me a pm (a conversation here).

Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
My Liquid Silver Flow Form HRE鈥檚 have held up well on some rough pothole roads here in Michigan. Congratulations as they look good and a nice replacement choice.

Registered
Norm, those new wheels look great and should be easier to clean than the OEMs. Post a photo when you have them mounted.

Reactions: Norm

Registered
Same wheel in anthracite is at the top of a very short list for the C8.

Reactions: Norm

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Update: Welp, I can get all the front tires (285/30R19) I want, but the rears (335/25R20) are very elusive. Contacted all the major tire warehouses (Tire Rack, Discount Tire, etc.), all say they are backordered and not expecting any in until spring. I'm not in any dire straights to have these wheels switched out, but of course would like to have them done.

Not looking for Michelins and don't want run flats, I have my eye on Continentals, Pirellis, Nitto, Firestone, etc. Can't find any of those either. I will continue the hunt until successful. 馃攳

Registered
Update: Welp, I can get all the front tires (285/30R19) I want, but the rears (335/25R20) are very elusive. Contacted all the major tire warehouses (Tire Rack, Discount Tire, etc.), all say they are backordered and not expecting any in until spring. I'm not in any dire straights to have these wheels switched out, but of course would like to have them done.

Not looking for Michelins and don't want run flats, I have my eye on Continentals, Pirellis, Nitto, Firestone, etc. Can't find any of those either. I will continue the hunt until successful. 馃攳
Hey Norm, Just curious as to why not Michelins?

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Norm, Just curious as to why not Michelins?
Hey Bruce,
It's not that I dislike Michelins, they are an excellent tire, as we all know. However, I have replaced 10 of them (not sets) in the past 5 years mostly due to various track runnings and they are quite expensive. I don't want run flats and want tires that are a little smoother and quieter. I have found other brands that do provide that, to name a couple, Pirellis, Nittos.

Vette in hibernation now?

Registered
Oh yeah. Although we had some unusual nice days. We are usually at HHI, but Deb had shoulder surgery. She is doing fine. Next set of tires will be a/s

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts