Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
18,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you planning on going on next month's National Corvette Caravan? If so, please post on this thread, including which regional Caravan you are starting on, and anything else you wish...

Next month's National Corvette Caravan will be the 5th one. From NCM, "The first Corvette Caravan was in 1994, when the museum was opened. The second was in 1999. The third caravan, in 2003, was a year early in the cycle to coincide with the iconic sports car’s 50th anniversary. That year, 13,000 people came to Bowling Green for three days. After six years, the Corvette Caravan returned in 2009, with 5,000 participants. Already registered for this year's event are 7,044 participants. If interested, the National Corvette Caravan web site is here, with specific regional Caravan information at bottom at this link:

2014 National Corvette Caravan

Upon arrival, the second phase of the party is the National Corvette Museum 20th Anniversary Celebration Agenda:

From NCM's web site:

"Celebrating 20 years of growth and changes, the 20th Anniversary of the National Corvette Museum August 27-30, 2014, will be celebrated with the arrival of the National Corvette Caravans with participants from around the globe. As with past Labor Days this celebration is a member-driven event, which unites friends, family and enthusiasts for a look back on the Museum’s history and future! Those registered can enjoy the Museum with its many displays. Join us for our Grand Opening of the new NCM Motorsports Park with scheduled parade laps around the road course. Many scenic self guided road tours to choose from, special video presentations and seminars, raffles, the annual open Membership meeting and more during this event in honor of your help and support! The event will also include the Lifetime/VIP dinner, 10-year/15-year/20-year member recognition, Ambassador Luncheon, and the “Corvette Hall of Fame” Induction Ceremony and banquet where we will induct John Heinricy, Jerry Burton, & Dave MacDonald into the prestigious and elite group of recipients who have made a significant contribution to Corvette history.

On-line registration closes at 8:00am central time on Monday, July 21st. All activities are open to Event Registrants only. Those pre-registered will receive a personalized event credential, lanyard, event pin and dash plaque. Lifetime registration is no-charge, member registration is $15pp and non-member registration is $25pp. Registration $5 per person to join a caravan." You can also choose to just arrive the day of event, and register then.

20th Anniversary Celebration - Expanded Agenda

Note that many of GM's Corvette staff is coming and will be making StingRay walkarounds and presentations about the 2015's. Already confirmed as attending include: Harlan Charles, Corvette Product Manager; Kirk Bennion, Chief StingRay and Z06 Designer; Jeff LaMarche, BGAP Plant Manager; Doug Fehan, Corvette C7.R Racing Manager; Todd Christensen, Corvette Marketing Manager; and, Barb Armbruster, Corvette Program Manager. Knowing GM, who brought 80 staff to April Bash, these are just a few of the many, many Corvette team members and BGAP staff who will be there to make presentations, answer your questions, etc.

One new event component is the ability to take your Corvette and do a lap at the new NCM MotorSports Park, and/or, if you wish, to make a $50 contribution to the Museum and get a hot lap in your Corvette, driven by a professional race car driver.

20th Anniversary Celebration - Motorsports Park Activities

Who's is going to join this special Corvette craziness?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I will be attending , meeting up with the PA/NJ caravan at the Carlisle on Sunday

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'll be there...Traveling in with the VA/NC/SC group on Wednesday..

·
Registered
810 Posts
Leaving with NJ Caravan on Sunday from Clinton, NJ (the North meeting spot).

·
Registered
810 Posts
Wow, that's a haul! How many days on the road?

·
Registered
533 Posts
The Falls City Corvette Club will be coming down on Thursday Morning from Louisville, KY.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I will join the KS/MO segment in Columbia MO. This will be my second caravan. Joined NCM (Lifetime Member #532) and attended 5th Anniversary in 1999.

·
18,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow, that's a haul! How many days on the road?
Six days to Bowling Green. Corvettes are great long distance cruisers as many of you know. Every one of ours has gone cross country and back at least twice.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Look what arrived in the mail today! I can't wait!
IMG_9351.JPG

·
18,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hope ours comes in today's mail or soon. Annie and I are proud to be a Lifetime members and annual donors to the National Corvette Museum.

Can't wait to go on the Caravan!

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Parking Map:

vette.jpeg

·
Registered
533 Posts
Reactions: jagamajajaran

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
WoW....Is that the $500 Parking Pass???
No, it's the free parking pass that comes with a $500 tax deductible donation to the NCM. LOL

Reactions: FCCCVPMan

·
Registered
10,411 Posts
Ha ha. Delete that before the feds see it.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
I have a get out of jail free card...contribution letter sent to me by the NCM :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Starting out from Phoenix and meeting up with the Southern California group and heading on our way…...

Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am not going to get to go but there is an overnight in Amarillo, where i live, so i will surely be up there at the Holiday Inn checking things out.

Reactions: jagamajajaran

·
18,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
One more reason to be on the National Corvette Caravan!. Do a lap on its brand new track! Its grand opening is the first full day of the NCM 20th Anniversary Celebration.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts