Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the golf course yesterday in Calimesa CA and ending up joining 3 gentlemen on the 1st tee, two of which were Chevrolet salesmen at Tom Bell Chevrolet in Redlands CA (the Tom Bell polo was a dead giveaway). During the round I told them I was interested in the new Corvette Stingray and asked what I could get one for. I was told they go for 10K over MSRP!! I laughed and said since it's the month for Halloween, you must have quite a few people that come in dressed as Tootsie Pops (Suckers). I told them I belonged to a Credit Union and qualified for a GM supplier price and they laughed and said their dealership doesn't honor GM supplier on a Corvette. They said they always sellout their allocation and don't have to offer discount pricing on a Corvette. Ya just gotta love California!

·
Administrator
16,496 Posts
So did you beat them :D ? Local dealers here have the same attitude with market adjustment.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cattle being led to the slaughterhouse....lol

Reactions: Suzy Cruisy

·
Registered
307 Posts
I think - like it has been previously mentioned - that there are enough people (I wouldn't call them suckers) who are not on this forum and do not realize that you can get the GM supplier discount. We're a very lucky group of close-knit Corvette enthusiasts who are now "in the know." We all benefit from each other's knowledge. There's definitely strength in numbers. :)

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
You Californians need to take a flight east, pick up a car at an East Coast sponsoring dealer, and take a week to drive home. I know if the pricing were reversed by coasts, I would be doing that.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Lol.....but it is true many are still getting over msrp in the real world. A philadelphia dealer told me same, the new i8 bmw is 15k over. If they can get it from someone willing to pay it, more power to them.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Lol.....but it is true many are still getting over msrp in the real world. A philadelphia dealer told me same, the new i8 bmw is 15k over. If they can get it from someone willing to pay it, more power to them.
Agree with Glen...never had any qualms with others paying ADMU as I reckon that helps me get a below invoice deal when I go to buy (speaking not just about Corvette, but vehicles in general)......

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Went to the golf course yesterday in Calimesa CA and ending up joining 3 gentlemen on the 1st tee, two of which were Chevrolet salesmen at Tom Bell Chevrolet in Redlands CA (the Tom Bell polo was a dead giveaway). During the round I told them I was interested in the new Corvette Stingray and asked what I could get one for. I was told they go for 10K over MSRP!! I laughed and said since it's the month for Halloween, you must have quite a few people that come in dressed as Tootsie Pops (Suckers). I told them I belonged to a Credit Union and qualified for a GM supplier price and they laughed and said their dealership doesn't honor GM supplier on a Corvette. They said they always sellout their allocation and don't have to offer discount pricing on a Corvette. Ya just gotta love California!
They will sell out! They will sell out all four cars they get this year. :) But the cars will sit there on the showroom floor costing them floor plan/interest while they are waiting for the tootsie pops to come along.

Reactions: Ret9580

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I'm curious.... did you nail them with the fact that you bought at supplier pricing on the 1st tee or the 18th? Wouldn't want to piss off some guys I had to golf with for a few hours. :p

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm curious.... did you nail them with the fact that you bought at supplier pricing on the 1st tee or the 18th? Wouldn't want to piss off some guys I had to golf with for a few hours. :p
#17......lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Can any of our East Coast brothers or sisters recommend a dealer who will accept the GM Supplier discount? I have a 2015 2LT on the way (ordered, built, and shipped) but have been informed that Momentum Chevy in Santa Clara CA that they will not accept the GM Supplier discount. I can save significantly on the MSRP with the discount. Appreciate ID of any cooperating dealers or comments on my dilemma.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Can any of our East Coast brothers or sisters recommend a dealer who will accept the GM Supplier discount? I have a 2015 2LT on the way (ordered, built, and shipped) but have been informed that Momentum Chevy in Santa Clara CA that they will not accept the GM Supplier discount. I can save significantly on the MSRP with the discount. Appreciate ID of any cooperating dealers or comments on my dilemma.
How about a west coast brother......I ordered mine from MacMulkin and they DO accept GM supplier discounts

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
The rules of the program are that the program is voluntary with the dealer, and, the customer is supposed to qualify for supplier pricing at the time the order is placed, not when the car is to be delivered. Other than canceling the order, and whatever that means to your deposit, I don't know if anyone has been able to get supplier pricing at your stage of the transaction.

You might want to call Mike Furman at Criswell in Maryland. If anybody can help you, it would be he. You can find Criswell and Mike in our sponsoring dealers.

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Boomer Ray, for the dealership to be able to keep your deposit in CA, they would have to somehow show you have caused them financial harm. Since they can sell the car to someone else, they cannot show harm. You should get every penny of your deposit back.

Reactions: U.S. Marine

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
The rules of the program are that the program is voluntary with the dealer, and, the customer is supposed to qualify for supplier pricing at the time the order is placed, not when the car is to be delivered. Other than canceling the order, and whatever that means to your deposit, I don't know if anyone has been able to get supplier pricing at your stage of the transaction.

You might want to call Mike Furman at Criswell in Maryland. If anybody can help you, it would be he. You can find Criswell and Mike in our sponsoring dealers.
Sorry Rob but the plan is only activated when the car is delivered, there is no such thing as ordering the car under the program. If, between the time the car was ordered and the date it is delivered the car is removed from the eligibility list it CANNOT be entered into the system as a program sale so the dealer cannot sell it under the program terms. Historically, once a car is enabled it's never removed but there is no guarantee.

But, to your point, unless you are the worlds must naive person, your final price should be negotiated prior to entering into a contract and ordering a car so if you don't tell them you qualify at this point in the transaction you can't properly negotiate the deal. Some dealers may require you to prove you qualify at this point but it is not a program requirement nor even a contract requirement if they know how to write Terms and Conditions.

So, don't expect the dealer to honor the program if you spring it on them after the car is ordered. The program rules do state that you should notify the dealer that you qualify for the program when you walk in the door, whether buying from stock or placing an order, it's called negotiating in good faith.

FYI, Les Stanford, the only dealer I am aware of who has honored the programs from the day the C7 was enabled last March, delivered a number of cars ordered before the C7 was included in the program at supplier and employee price. Their contracts state they will honor all programs and incentives in force at the time of delivery, just like most correctly written contracts state that only incentives valid at the time of delivery will be honored. None of those buyers qualified at time of order since the car wasn't eligible.

As far as GM is concerned, program sales and incentive reimbursements are only valid when the vehicle sale is recorded. There is no place on the order form to enter a program or incentive code.

You are correct regarding them losing their deposit. He has a contract at a negotiated price, if he chooses to not take delivery under those terms he probably forfeits his deposit though it sounds like the Republic of Kalifornia only requires the dealer to negotiate in good faith, not the buyer.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
As the program is voluntary with the dealer, there is no way of getting the discount after you have signed a purchase order if the dealer does not want to participate in the program. Therefore, as a practical matter, if you want pricing under the program, you must get the dealer's agreement to participate in the program for your transaction at the outset. And write up your order as such, with the supplier pricing.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
As the program is voluntary with the dealer, there is no way of getting the discount after you have signed a purchase order if the dealer does not want to participate in the program. Therefore, as a practical matter, if you want pricing under the program, you must get the dealer's agreement to participate in the program for your transaction at the outset. And write up your order as such, with the supplier pricing.
I agree, I was just pointing out that it's not a program requirement. BTW, I will never sign a purchase contract that doesn't state the dealer will honor all programs and incentives valid at time of delivery but I'm a hard ass when it comes to buying cars.

·
Registered
13 Posts
A bit more info on this issue. I asked the dealer when I ordered and they said no supplier discount on c7s. OK, but I have just recently determined, thanks to this forum, that some east coast dealers accept the discount. The savings dwarf the 1K deposit so no issues there. Thanks for those who ID participating dealers.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I just bought a C7 in New Hampshire using "credit union" membership to become eligible for supplier pricing at dealers that will participate in those deals. MacMulkin in Nashua New Hampshire is my dealer.

For information on credit union membership and supplier pricing, go to mygmdiscount.com, where you can read about the program, how to qualify for it, and also "build" a car and determine the supplier price.

The price I am paying at MacMulkin is the supplier price as indicated by the web site. As a local customer, MacMulkin is charging the supplier price and nothing extra for document fees, prep, etc. I do not know what they do for courtesy deliveries, but many on this site have gotten courtesy deliveries from MacMulkin. Of course, if you get a courtesy delivery, you will have to pay the local dealer delivering you your car for their service. The local dealer, not MacMulkin, determines the courtesy delivery charge.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts