Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I have been wanting to join a good Corvette club in central Ohio (we live in Dublin) and wanted to know if anyone on the forums has been a member of or has interacted with any Corvette clubs here. Are there clubs that come more highly recommended than others? Are some mostly interested in showing off their shiny Vettes and are some predominately interested in track days? Are some mostly inactive and just do a holiday party or car show or two? That kind of thing. I have been looking at the websites for Cross Flags Corvette Club and Capital City Corvette Club but I also wonder if there's anything that I should know that wouldn't appear on those sites. There's also Street Elite Corvette Club, sponsored by Coughlin of Pataskala.

I'm interested in a club that will have at least some "younger" folks (we're in our early 30s) and not exclusively interested in "showing" their cars as opposed to really driving them.

If nobody here really knows those clubs that's ok but I figured I'd make an inquiry. :)

· Banned
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, now '16 Z06
9,709 Posts
Want a challenge? Go visit the several clubs in your area as a guest during their meetings. Sit and listen to what goes on and observe the membership's ages. Pick out and join a club that seems to be more active. Here's the challenge, you pick the dates, times, places and start putting together mystery lunch cruises. Bring the idea up at a meeting during new business or for the good of the club, see what kind of feedback you get. Coordinate with the club's elected officers and see what happens. You run into a brick wall.............find another club.

· Registered
2020 C8, Elkhart Lake Blue Metallic, 3LT, Z51, MSRC and more
1,084 Posts

· Registered
243 Posts
Sciros,

I live in Hilliard...and when got my first Vette back in December I checked out the clubs in the area. I joined the Capital City Corvette club. Really a very nice bunch of folks. All different ages. My wife and I are 47 and 45 and we are not the youngest people in the club by a long shot...There are many club activities and no pressure to participate in any of them. You can be as involved or not as involved as you want to be. I would be glad to have you come to the next meeting on June 13th as my guest. If you are interested, PM me and I'll give you all the details.

-M

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sciros,

I live in Hilliard...and when got my first Vette back in December I checked out the clubs in the area. I joined the Capital City Corvette club. Really a very nice bunch of folks. All different ages. My wife and I are 47 and 45 and we are not the youngest people in the club by a long shot...There are many club activities and no pressure to participate in any of them. You can be as involved or not as involved as you want to be. I would be glad to have you come to the next meeting on June 13th as my guest. If you are interested, PM me and I'll give you all the details.

-M
I would be happy to come! However... I will be out of the country on holiday June 5-21. So we'll have to come to the following meeting, whenever that will be. But thanks for the information -- it did seem like one of the better clubs I found online so I'm glad to see you confirm that notion. Thanks :) I will touch base with you regarding paying the club a visit once I get back.

· Registered
8 Posts
Sciros,

-M
I live in Blacklick and am also in my 30s and have been considering joining a club. Where is that June 13th meeting being held?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.