Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shot my first C7 video today with my new Hero3. Any tips for places to mount it on the C7, best way to use it, etc.? I'm taking it with me to Spring Mountain in a week and a half and want to make sure I get some good track videos. Thanks!

·
Registered
582 Posts
I had mine mounted high on the passenger side windshield but had to take it off because of tint install. I'm still trying to find a new location to place it.

·
Registered
221 Posts
It looks like you've got it in one of the 4:3 modes for some reason? Make sure its a 16:9 mode so you can get a better look out the window. Play with the different FOV settings to figure out which one you like best. A wider view lets you see more of what is happening around the car, but a narrower view gets you a better view of where you are going. I think I settled on medium, but this will also be affected by where you are mounting the camera (mine was attached to the side of my personal helmet).

I recommend recording at 60fps to catch all the action smoothly, but this does eat up your memory card pretty quickly and may be bigger drain on the battery, not sure. Speaking of which, make sure to take the charger with you to Spring Mountain and plug it in while you are in the classroom (grab a seat by a power outlet).

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback. Very much appreciated. I need to play around with mine some before I get there.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1 - 7 of 7 Posts