Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UGH! The irony is the cop made me pull into the parking lot of Corvette Mike's! At least I got some eye candy!!! He said I made a left where it was posted, no left turn between 7 AM and 9 AM - never saw the sign.

C7STGRA

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Been there, done that. Similar ticket 10 years ago driving a yellow S2000. I followed a beige Camry, but the cop never saw the Camry. Frustrating.

Not seeing the sign is not a valid defense, unfortunately.

·
18,670 Posts
Understand your frustration, for getting a ticket sucks. Sorry C7STGRA!

Counterpoint, how many times yesterday did I deserve a ticket but did not get caught... Let me start by acknowledging my "missing" front plate, and I admit to a spirited drive in country too.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
I must be living right. A couple of weeks ago, I got stopped for doing 45 in a 35 zone. The deputy was very interested in finding out about my car and let me off with a warning. Last week, I was doing 85 on the interstate. I saw a State Cop in the median ( much too late) but he never moved. My last ticket was in 1981.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I was driving with a friend for lunch. One side of a bridge speed limit is 20, on the other side it jumps to 45. I impressed my friend at how fast I could get from 20 to 45, and it really impressed the local who pulled me over. After asking me several questions about the car, he told me he could site me for wreckless op, as I got to speed a bit too quickly, but he let me go with a warning.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I was driving with a friend for lunch. One side of a bridge speed limit is 20, on the other side it jumps to 45. I impressed my friend at how fast I could get from 20 to 45, and it really impressed the local who pulled me over. After asking me several questions about the car, he told me he could site me for wreckless op, as I got to speed a bit too quickly, but he let me go with a warning.
Love the avatar Jack, happy 50th!

·
Banned
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, now '16 Z06
9,698 Posts
Most if not all of us break traffic laws from just going a little over the speed limit to spirited driving to just downright disregarding signs, not paying attention, etc. I have been fortunate and lucky, just don't get pulled over. :)

·
Registered
273 Posts
While accelerating from 20 to 45 if one does NOT spin the tires How is that "wreckless operation" regardless of time to 45??
That IMO is A stretch and if cited it's time to get a lawyer for the court date....jezzzzzzz.....jmhofwiw..

Just a short rant
Traffic enforcement it seems is more about revenue generation then public safetythese days.imo
I pass a well know speed trap every day. Just so happens this stretch of Hiway on I 70 is Designated an "accident reduction zone" fines are double $200 min. The PSL is reduced to 60 from 70 just for the Zone it's all about the Benjamin's and nothing else. Every day when I see the wolf pack is present with up to 5 cruisers and one Laser gun operator hidden off the Hiway in a parking lot shooting from a unmarked SUV they have 2 to 3 cars stopped at a time ....It's so bad a local lawyer has bought the billboard at the location advertising his ticket beating service!! That's one reason I invested in ECM to combat the greed of these little border towns along the interstates. never fails when I pass this zone in the C7 AT the PSL they light me up ...I let my jammer run for several seconds just to make them scratch there heads thinking a C7 is a hard shot before I kill it and let them get a speed......makes me smile.:cool:

·
Registered
914 Posts
UGH! The irony is the cop made me pull into the parking lot of Corvette Mike's! At least I got some eye candy!!! He said I made a left where it was posted, no left turn between 7 AM and 9 AM - never saw the sign.

C7STGRA
I have seen that motor cop sitting in the parking lot right there at Corvette Mike's. He makes a living out of those tickets. Sorry to hear you got tagged.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Speed does not constitute reckless driving. Also if ur going thru the gears and maybe getting a little chirp no violation unless there is a fishtail then ur toast.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Few years ago, a bicycle cop pulled me over on my c6 and gave me two tickets. Reasons, no front plate, and the other was disorderly conduct. That ruined my day. The disorderly conduct one was because I made him paddle his bike for about two blocks before I stopped.

I refused to correct the front plate violation, so I went to the municipal court willing to pay for that one and fight the disorderly conduct one. In court, when my name was called and I raised my hand, the prosecutor approached me and to my surprise he whispered: "I'm a corvette owner too and I hate front plates on corvettes, so don't worry about this one, I will cut you a deal one the other one". I ended up paying for the disorderly conduct fine at a reduced rate. This happened in a small town next to Houston.

JLG

Reactions: Bischof

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Few years ago, a bicycle cop pulled me over on my c6 and gave me two tickets. Reasons, no front plate, and the other was disorderly conduct. That ruined my day. The disorderly conduct one was because I made him paddle his bike for about two blocks before I stopped.
I think I would have been too tempted not to stop.

Reactions: JLG and ICU LQQKIN
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.