Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I finally got my 2015 Z51 today. Here in California I have seen a total of 4 of any version of these cars since they came out. I had never seen a AW/AR convertible previously so I had ordered this amazing vehicle sight unseen. Somehow or another I nailed this car perfectly as it is the most beautiful car I have ever owned and I have owned more Exotic cars than most. I cannot wait to place this beauty next to my '69 Corvette race car which I have owned since 1971.

For anyone considering purchasing this car this is a no-brainer. Yes, I know this is a Corvette biased site but I am not at all biased. I buy what I want not what is considered new or trendy. Even my 26 year old son said "Dad, this car is more beautiful than any of the Ferrari's, Maserati's, Mercedes and other sports cars I have owned over the last 4+ decades. I am almost 60 years old and I have not had a car I had to go out into the garage to look at on 4 separate occasions plus driving it this evening in many moons. WOW!!!! I am fairly sure this is not a Mid life crisis sort of thing rather I am just smitten with the car.

This car is loaded and has the Auto 8 speed transmission. The carbon flash side mirrors and spoiler are a must for me as they really set this car off amazingly well. Some of the extras I purchased may not be necessary nor are they all that noticeable but I would not change a thing. I have driven and or owned most every F-1 Type tranny out there and this thing is the sweetest I have ever driven. The only thing which may take just a bit of time adjusting to is the feel of the car through the steering wheel. Not quite as Tactile as I am used to but that does not necessarily mean it is not great. Just different.

So many cool electronic gadgets I cannot believe some of them exist in a Corvette. It may take a month of Sunday's for this electronic gadget moron to learn everything, but Chevrolet, you really nailed it with this amazing vehicle. WOW

As a note, the pictures of these cars, while beautiful, just do not completely capture the true beauty and essence of this amazing automobile.

FOD

·
Registered
292 Posts
After reading this post, I've got to get in mine and take a 10 mile drive down the road. OK, so it's just a small drive to pick up some dog treats but hey it's mine ! Fishordie, your post nailed it. Got to go and get in the cockpit and work through the launch sequence.

Reactions: bjhayes

·
Administrator
16,490 Posts
FOD, your enthusiasm certainly comes across and reflects what many of us who have had the sheer pleasure of owning the Stingray continually experience. Thanks for posting :cool:

·
18,670 Posts
Congratulations "fishordie!" As noted above, love your enthusiasm, and with your varied exotic car experience/ownership, it feels good to have you speak so highly of the seventh generation Corvette!

Enjoy your new great, beauty!!!

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
fishordie, you nailed it in your post. It's like I feel about the Chevrolet Corvette StingRay "C7 Masterpiece", no matter what angle I look at it and how it performs, it amazes me every time!!!

SF
Rick

·
Registered
142 Posts
Your message has my full attention. I ordered a very close match to your vehicle. AW/AR. I folded and ordered the 3LT only for the Napa Leather and dash color match. Data Recorder probably useless for me, but I'll use the Nav.
I wanted to have the side vents be vehicle color. But not available. What are your thoughts on the amount of black accents on your car?
I am planning on having my side vents, hood intake, and mascara tail lights painted white.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Your message has my full attention. I ordered a very close match to your vehicle. AW/AR. I folded and ordered the 3LT only for the Napa Leather and dash color match. Data Recorder probably useless for me, but I'll use the Nav.
I wanted to have the side vents be vehicle color. But not available. What are your thoughts on the amount of black accents on your car?
I am planning on having my side vents, hood intake, and mascara tail lights painted white.
I like the contrast of the black vents, maybe take a photo and do the white vents on photoshop to see if you like it that way. I saw a photo of an AW C7 that had white rear panel and it looked OK, the vents I'm not so sure would like?
sony C7 house side.jpg

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Roc: The dark vents AND more importantly the carbon painted accents of Spoiler and side mirrors are what makes this car much more dynamic and, in my not so humble opinion, really are what sets off the entire package. The AR interior really steps out even more with the dark contrasting colors while the incredible lines of the car somehow come alive. I can honestly say, for me, without the Carbon Flash package I would have liked the car a lot but the addition of the package made me fall in love. Part of this visual might be the car really transforms into a more masculine as well as powerful looking vehicle. To me this is much more than a Mary Ann or Ginger thing rather it is a really different car all together with the additional carbon flash package. I cannot tell you, in one short day and even shorter evening of driving, how many folks have told me it is the most beautiful car they have ever seen. If those same folks actually had a chance to get in the drivers seat and take the car for a spin I can only imagine how many more orders there would be for this incredible machine. However, if it were up to me there would only be one in my area..... mine.... LOL

As a note: For the Data package you will need a memory card to make it work. Weird that it does not come with one.

As far as pics go there are already several in the White forum similar or identical to mine. However, when I get a chance, I will take the car to my shop and take pics with my Corvette race car and post them here. I only go in once a month as I am retired but I will try and get those pics up soon.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Roc I've always been a fan of the whiteout look. But in my opinion the C7 is stunning with the accents like fishordie.
I get a lot of compliments on the AW/AR with the carbon flash badges and accessories.

20140831_124749.jpg

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Congrats Fishordie!

Which part of CA - North or South? If you're in the North, feel free to PM me about the awesome group of folks we have in the Northern California Group.

And I saw a de-badged whited out car at a show last weekend, so I'll post a pic. I thought I took more, but maybe I was so disturbed about how silly it looked in the back with the badge gone that I didn't bother. LOL! I didn't like it much, as my own personal preference is to show off the accents of the car's design styling with the black accents like regguy1 said.

P1110371.JPG

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Suzy,

I am in So. Cal. I have to agree, for me, and I only speak for me, the car just does not work as well without the Carbon Flash and glossy Black wheels. I also added the black splash/mud guards which adds just a bit more to the overall look of the car. It's amazing that normally breaking up the lines of any visual effect by adding contrast tends makes the item look smaller but in this case everything just seems to look better.

FOD

1 - 13 of 13 Posts