Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I placed my order on July 16th. It went to 3000 Tuesday night and I got my tpw this morning.. I've seen a lot of 8-25, and few at 9-1 and a couple at 9-8.

Mine is 8-11.

I feel like I should go play the lottery.

:cool:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Congrats!

Yeah my dealer up here in Canada has 3 orders in and he had one of his orders also go to 3000 and be given TPW of 08-11 even though they still don't have pricing up here yet.

Go figure! He said he already has some 2015MY truck there with blank factory pricing stickers and expects the same with the early 15MY C7's

·
18,670 Posts
Congratulations Woody! Nice to see someone pleasantly shocked with their TPW!!!

You already won the "production sweepstakes lottery." Good for you.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
I placed my order on July 16th. It went to 3000 Tuesday night and I got my tpw this morning.. I've seen a lot of 8-25, and few at 9-1 and a couple at 9-8.

Mine is 8-11.

I feel like I should go play the lottery.

:cool:
You have already won! ;)

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Congrats, let us know your vin number when you know it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
How long does it typically take to get a tpw date after reaching 3000 status already this past wednesday? Is there a certain day of the week GM assigns them?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How long does it typically take to get a tpw date after reaching 3000 status already this past wednesday? Is there a certain day of the week GM assigns them?
If you hit 3000 Wed., you should have a tpw now. You'll have to get that info from your salesman or Chevy Customer service.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I am probably ordering tomorrow. What does TPW stand for ?

Reactions: Zing

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
39 Posts
How are the TPW's assigned? By product constraint or allocation? Also how are some people who placed an order at the same time and reach status 3000 same time assigned different TPW( ex, 8-11 vs 9-1)? Please advise, thanks in advance fir the info?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Also, does the TPW date mean the car will be completed in production of that week or it will start to be produced? Typically how many days of production does it take to assemble a C7 ?

·
1,400 Posts
Also, does the TPW date mean the car will be completed in production of that week or it will start to be produced? Typically how many days of production does it take to assemble a C7 ?
Production could begin at anytime that week. They produce 160+ cars per day.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
873 Posts
Some work, like painting of body panels is done ahead of time. The actual chassis is on the line about a day and a half. It will come off the line sometime between Monday morning and Saturday afternoon (assuming they run a 6 day week, which they did in '14) of your TPW.

·
Registered
873 Posts
congrats!! i placed my order around that time as well. is the restraint on z51 2015 lifted?
Constraints don't mean that option won't be produced. It means there are limits on the option. Currently, Z51s are constrained at 55%. This just means for every 100 vettes produced during that cycle, only 55 can have the Z51 package. Now if you start combining constrained options, then you can effectively halt production of your car. Say you want a visible CF roof with your Z51. Since that option is at 20%, then of the 55 Z51s out of 100, only 20% or 11 cars will have both options. Throw in some other constrained options, and you reach an almost zero probability of getting your order accepted. That's why dealers will frequently ask if you want to drop an option, because they know that they can get an order without the option allocated.

Reactions: elegant

·
18,670 Posts
Excellent explanation "fdxpilot!" Then, add into the mix, that when there are constrained parts, GM preferences higher volume dealers when doling out limited/constrained parts, someone with two or more constrained options who orders from a small-Corvette-sales dealer, could be in for a hugely long wait, or months later, even be told, "sorry."

This will probably not occur down the road a while, but as long as StingRay sales are hot, this can, will, and as many forum members painfully experienced during the 2014 MY, has happened to many.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Similarly happy story here: ordered 7/16, 3000 this week, TPW 8/18. Yes!

·
Registered
39 Posts
thanks for great info FdxPILOT.

Has anyone seen their TPW get moved up closer(earlier) from when stated at status 3000 to when status was changed to 3300? Wondering if the production line does speed things up since the labor day weekend is coming along to cover up for it?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts