Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've had this vanity plate since 1993 and after selling my 07 Z06 back in 2011 I hung the plates in my garage as a rememberence as I thought I'd never own a Vette again. But the new Stingray and in particular one in Lime Rock Green I retracted my retirement announcement and ordered a new LRG Stingray. A week after I took delivery I queried the Illinois Vanity plate availability link and was informed AFVETTE was not available. So I put it out of my mind. Until I was home sick and for fun I called them, nice lady answered and when I gave he the plate info she read back my name and address. Sure enough it wasn't available because it was still associated to my name and IL doesn't show them as available. So a CC number was provided and a week later I had a new decal and registration. Cool.

So here they are, please forgive the two dirty and wet vehicles. St Louis has had rain for the last three days.

I love it when a plan comes together.

Tom

·
18,670 Posts
Glad you got your license plate back!!! Know the feeling of having it home.

For some of us, our plates are part of our Corvette journeys. Here is where our plate currently resides (its second home; its first was a C5), and it will travel to our '15 Z06 when it arrives.

(Early spring picture, i.e., tags have been renewed since then.)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad you got your license plate back!!! Know the feeling of having it home.

For some of us, our plates are part of our Corvette journeys. Here is where our plate currently resides (its second home; its first was a C5), and it will travel to our '15 Z06 when it arrives.

(Early spring picture, i.e., tags have been renewed since then.)
Awesome.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Nice garage floor Tom. All is very tidy.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Beautiful , Tom ...Love that LRG too..couldn't find one in stock last week when shopping at the dealers .I just picked my LB C7 at the dealer in Columbia IL on last Fri. I will be on the look out for ya in the STL area as I'm there too over by the Airport I held on to my plate in Mo. And did the same thing checked it showed taken and found out I still had it!
It's my avatar. V1 VR it's a pilot thing....✈��

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Tom, cool story and you retained your plate.

SF
Rick

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Very cool Tom!

They have similar laws here in CA that most don't know about. I keep taking our vanity plates off and keeping them in the garage a while, and then having them assigned to whatever the new vehicle is that comes along. The only drawback is you have to pay all the pent up annual fees if you hold them back for a number of years. (Did that once, as we went from 3 cars to 2 for a year+ and the assigning them to my new Cruze was a bit pricey.) ;)

Just last Friday I took our anniversary plates SEP2503 off my husband's Infiniti and renewed his car with new sequential plates and tucked the anniversary plates into the garage to wait for the C7. They'll look awesome on her!

Cheers!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Beautiful , Tom ...Love that LRG too..couldn't find one in stock last week when shopping at the dealers .I just picked my LB C7 at the dealer in Columbia IL on last Fri. I will be on the look out for ya in the STL area as I'm there too over by the Airport I held on to my plate in Mo. And did the same thing checked it showed taken and found out I still had it!
It's my avatar. V1 VR it's a pilot thing....✈��
V1VRV2 was not available in my state nor V1. Thinking about going with VMO or VEE1. Maybe 2992...

·
Registered
273 Posts
Next to V1-VR it would be Vmcg or a guitar plate EADGBE when I get an electric car it's going to be FUOPEC!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Here in Ontario, we get up to 8 characters, and they have an online tool for searching for available and acceptable ones.
Here's mine:
Vette_FrontB.jpg
It's a Z51, my wife goes by suZeeCruzee and of course it is a Vette!

·
Registered
6 Posts
So Tom, are you going to take AFVETTE to the Mid America Corvette Weekend for the Vets with Vettes celebration on Sept 20? I will be there with my Illinois Retired Military plate instead of the one I had on the 93, 2003 and 2013 which was RET AV8. I used to get questions from the Boeing guys that built the Harrier asking if I flew AV8's but I did not. I flew Hueys.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not sure, if I can break away I hope too.

Maybe we'll bump into each other.

Tom

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
I was lucky enough to get C7HEAVN in Michigan this past May. Only Vetters understand which is fine by me.
C7_ Heavn, welcome aboard and your correct I have people ask me what the "C7" means on my plate. 015_1.JPG

SF
Rick

1 - 18 of 18 Posts