Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Congrats! Details? i.e. colors, options?
Well , I live way up North in Northern Ontario Canada , we don't even have the pricing or option list yet but ........ either Arctic White , 7 speed Manual , Z07 package with competition seats . Or , Velocity Yellow with same package .

·
Registered
118 Posts
Well after a week or trying , crying and persistence , it looks like I managed to get a 2015 Z06 .

Deposit was paid today .

Thanks a million to KBoy for putting me on to the dealer . :D
If you get yours before me, I'm going to be pissed! haha!

Reactions: Movie Muscle

·
Registered
118 Posts
Well , I live way up North in Northern Ontario Canada , we don't even have the pricing or option list yet but ........ either Arctic White , 7 speed Manual , Z07 package with competition seats . Or , Velocity Yellow with same package .
I'm still confused as to why you're getting the Z07 package. I'm in Thunder Bay so I understand your situation all too well. There is no where within 1000 kms you can actually use it, and it makes the car a bit harsher as a tourer. Seeing as how we're both in the middle of no where, that's a more likely use! But to each his own.

Since you will have the only other Z06 close to me, I vote you get yellow... because I want white! :D

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm still confused as to why you're getting the Z07 package. I'm in Thunder Bay so I understand your situation all too well. There is no where within 1000 kms you can actually use it, and it makes the car a bit harsher as a tourer. Seeing as how we're both in the middle of no where, that's a more likely use! But to each his own.

Since you will have the only other Z06 close to me, I vote you get yellow... because I want white! :D
Yeah im thinking a little more about that package the more I read about it . I want the Carbon Ceramic brakes because I love the looks , carbon fiber bits and pieces as long as the ground clearance isn't compromised too much .

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Well after a week or trying , crying and persistence , it looks like I managed to get a 2015 Z06 .

Deposit was paid today .

Thanks a million to KBoy for putting me on to the dealer . :D
You "managed to get a 2015 Z06." Really.

I can tell you from experience, deposits mean absolutely nothing. But, I wish you the best-> cause I'm in the same position as you.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
My deposit has been at a top 100 dealer since March. That's why my username is "Z06Hopeful". Also hopeful for a better experience than the last Z06 purchase attempt.

When the C6 Z06 came out, I had an early deposit and a deal at MSRP in writing with a dealer just north of Tampa. My bad for not getting a copy of the deal when I paid the deposit, but when the owner's wife came out to congratulate me, I felt like family. Plus, since the owner was active duty military serving in Iraq, I felt like I was in good hands.

Well, they got the car in 9 months. Salesman had joy-ridden it after I told him not to even gas it up. Driver's door opener did not work. Salesman bent the rear hatch frame trying to find the emergency door release. Then, when I went back into the dealership to pay almost $70K for a vehicle I would have to drive away after getting my 6'3" frame over the center console and stick shift to get into the driver's seat, no one could find my "deal". And they now wanted another $3K market adjustment!

Still, I really hope GM makes enough of these C7 Z06's to get every enthusiast who can afford it an opportunity to own it in the next 12-24 months.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I can tell you from experience, deposits mean absolutely nothing. But, I wish you the best-> cause I'm in the same position as you.
Hey man , I hear ya . I don't say anythings for real until I get the build number in my hand .

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Well getting kinda "worried " now . After listening to all the horror stories , and paying my $5000 deposit last friday , i still have nothing from the dealer . Not even a confirmation that they received the money . I hope they understand how pissed off this makes people .

·
Registered
371 Posts
Well getting kinda "worried " now . After listening to all the horror stories , and paying my $5000 deposit last friday , i still have nothing from the dealer . Not even a confirmation that they received the money . I hope they understand how pissed off this makes people .
Dude you should at least get a receipt with your money and a purchase order of what you put it down on. Also when you give the deposit the order should go in the system and you should get an order number beginning with "R" . As soon as I gave the deposit I got a GM workbench printout stating my car and options with status code 1100. That is where you should be, talk to the dealer ASAP!!!!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dude you should at least get a receipt with your money and a purchase order of what you put it down on. Also when you give the deposit the order should go in the system and you should get an order number beginning with "R" . As soon as I gave the deposit I got a GM workbench printout stating my car and options with status code 1100. That is where you should be, talk to the dealer ASAP!!!!!
All I have at the moment is the receipt ( dealer contract ) with New 2015 Zo6 Coupe , MSRP and the amount I put down for deposit . If this don't work , gonna buy a Hellcat lol.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
I don't believe the order banks for the Z06 have been opened, i.e. I don't think the workbench will allow for a Z06 order.

·
Premium Member
4,663 Posts
Hey man , I hear ya . I don't say anythings for real until I get the build number in my hand .
I can't impress upon everyone to have patience. This is GM's ballgames and we are merely fans in the stands waiting to be called. I'm hoping that GM builds them ASAP and often....but I know GM only plans on building just under 700 per mos...I just don't know for how long that is their plan.
For those of you that are considering the Z07 pkg....if you don't track the car 70% of the time or more then please consider not getting Z07. The power and performance is amazing and I don't banter those words too often....but Z07 changes the dynamics of the ride and if you are a Cruiser then it will be rougher riding then you are used to. The 650hp and 650 torque will eat up the road like nothing else you have driven, and I have driven like powered cars on a track...that for me is enough to satisfy and thrill me for driving purposes.

Mike Furman

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Mike: have a question about the Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic. How much black striping will be on the Z to offset the orange?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
All I have at the moment is the receipt ( dealer contract ) with New 2015 Zo6 Coupe , MSRP and the amount I put down for deposit . If this don't work , gonna buy a Hellcat lol.
Kazman1960, Chill out!!! Your dealer has provided you with and you've got all that you need for right now. All any of us need to do right now is simply wait and be patient like [email protected]'s has said. It's GM's ball game and I'm sure they're going to build them as quickly as they can, without hopefully compromising quality. We'll get our Z06's when we get them. NOT next week or next month, but next year sometime.... Have a great holiday season and enjoy your family during that time and put all this on the back burner filed under something to look forward to for next year.

I too have read just about everything there's been written about the Z06 and continually looking for more. Can't get enough. I've concluded what Mike said about the Z07 package is absolutely correct and I concur, unless a person is buying the Z07 to track most of the time, they won't be happy with it and it will turn out to be a big mistake. That applies to the competition seats as well. You'll be allot happier with the Stage-1 or Stage-2 in the long run....

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Kazman1960, Chill out!!! Your dealer has provided you with and you've got all that you need for right now. All any of us need to do right now is simply wait and be patient like [email protected]'s has said. It's GM's ball game and I'm sure they're going to build them as quickly as they can, without hopefully compromising quality. We'll get our Z06's when we get them. NOT next week or next month, but next year sometime.... Have a great holiday season and enjoy your family during that time and put all this on the back burner filed under something to look forward to for next year.

I too have read just about everything there's been written about the Z06 and continually looking for more. Can't get enough. I've concluded what Mike said about the Z07 package is absolutely correct and I concur, unless a person is buying the Z07 to track most of the time, they won't be happy with it and it will turn out to be a big mistake. That applies to the competition seats as well. You'll be allot happier with the Stage-1 or Stage-2 in the long run....

Hey , i was only replying to the other message , just explained what i have . Its no more than a piece of paper at the moment , i understand that . Again , i was just replying to what i have .

1 - 20 of 35 Posts