Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow. Got the email with our projected build date a week earlier than planned (which is positive for getting the car sooner but bummer on the scramble to have my business covered when my employees are all on a training trip).

So, we were in the 9/18 consensus, and we're being built that fast. Pretty amazing.

Our letter from Shane at the museum says we are to meet at the plant at 6am on Monday with Jerry, our assigned guide, and the build should end on Tuesday, the 14th.

We would be interested in knowing who has museum deliveries during our days (10/13 and 10/14 and 10/15). I know our own friend very near us has one in there, jnoel, so that is SUPER exciting. Anyone else that has one, please chime in. Maybe we'll meet you. I know the plant closes earlier than the museum, so we could walk over to the museum to meet new friends on either of our build days, although I think I'll plan on TOURING the museum on the 15th as my feet will be shot after the standing during the tour I'd imagine.

And I'll post my VIN when I learn it. If you're being built in TPW 10/13 like me, maybe your car will be near ours in the line. :) I can't take pics, but I'd still be entertained if I was watching Nic or Ray's car in front or behind mine.

Time for making travel plans now! Got the hotel picked out already, and lots of activities picked out, but the flight choices are many so gotta start working on that. Going to be expensive, but 'priceless'.

Cheers!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Sounds so exciting, Not sure of my TPW yet. It would be cool if it was mixed in with yours while you were there.

Reactions: Suzy Cruisy

·
Registered
114 Posts
The Yellow dot is moving. YES!!!!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats Nic! No word on your TPW from Tommy, etal?

·
Registered
114 Posts
At 3000, with TPW of 10-27

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am leaving for KY tomorrow, so I just thought I'd bring this topic to the top *** Just in case *** anyone had a Museum Delivery they've scheduled I didn't know about.

Cheers!

·
Registered
810 Posts
Bon Voyage!! You do know NCM would have held the car for you to fit your original plans, right?

Oops, never mind. Just saw you have buyer's tour. Thought it was delivery.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Have a safe trip and post lots of pics. !!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Ragtop... yes, we realize now the BIIIIIGGGG benefit of museum delivery vs buyer's tour. Buyer's Tour you are totally at their mercy on the date.

Just got the VIN from Lori today! :D #7602

I will post pics on this thread once we get there. I will be picking hubby up in Louisville Saturday and we will be in BG Sunday afternoon sometime thru Wed am. I am flying out before him to do single horse related sightseeing in Lexington and Louisville.

Cheers,

·
Registered
10,411 Posts
Suzy, you will love the beautiful area of horse heaven in central Kentucky around Lexington. There are many things which I miss about the time when I lived there. Have fun!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I love Lexington. Make you you check out Keenland race track. I think the fall races are running. Beautiful track.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I love Lexington. Make you you check out Keenland race track. I think the fall races are running. Beautiful track.
I did the "Horse Farm Tour" today and we had a stop at Keenland, so I got to see it well during morning workouts. Fun!

In the afternoon, I went to the Kentucky Horse Park and saw tons of horses and horse stuff. So, I've got nearly all that covered now!

Tomorrow off to Louisville to tour the Louisville Slugger factory and pick up my hubby!

Side note from Thursday - I drove all afternoon up from Nashville to Lexington.. Got a big smile when I saw a full carrier of C7s heading southbound on I65 before I got to Bowling Green. It was SO HARD not to stop in BG and keep on driving to Lexington! Such a tease to be able to see the Museum AND the Plant from the interstate. But I knew I'd be there soon enough. ;)

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Report for Today!

Started out the day seeing a beautiful Laguna Blue C7 in the parking lot of my Marriott in Lexington. It was a sign of fun times ahead.

Then I took a beautiful 2 lane country road out of the Lexington area towards Louisville and avoided the big boring Interstate for a while.

After lunch at Claudia Sanders Dinner House suggested by FCCCVPMan ;), and then a tour of the Louisville Slugger Museum WEE! and off to my hotel for the night. My hubby has arrived from CA, so we're all set to go to Bowling Green tomorrow afternoon. Yeah! Can't wait!

Attachments

·
Administrator
16,279 Posts
Goin' to be one exciting day tomorrow Suzy for both of you! Thanks for the updates :cool:

Reactions: Suzy Cruisy

·
Registered
810 Posts
And now we won't hear from her for awhile!!! Nothing like having so much fun you don't want to be anywhere near a computer!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Suzy,
Have a Great 3 days in BG & lots of Pics please!
Enjoy, Enjoy and Enjoy that C7, you are going to love it! :)
I would have loved the buyer's tour, the Delivery was just to quick for me, didn't have time to digest it all.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Super Jealous, have a fun day.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey guys... going to the plant within the hour! :)

Yesterday hubby and I toured Churchill Downs / Kentucky Derby Museum and then the Jim Beam Distillery ;) enroute to Bowling Green. Didn't get to BG until 5p though, so the Museum was closed.

We ran around the outside of the plant and figured out where to go at BFE too early today.

Attachments

Reactions: CUSA
1 - 20 of 34 Posts