Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friday, I had the awesome pleasure of spending an afternoon with my new friend who works for GM. She is responsible for training the dealerships on the C7. I learned so much about this car... more impressed now than ever before! There are so many things NOT in the manual that are beneficial to us.

One AWESOME feature is the "Valet". On the main touch screen, you select "Valet Mode", enter a 4 digit pass code (twice) and it will lock the car down... including the glove box, sliding screen area and turn on security so nothing can be accessed within the car. It's fantastic! I also learned how to start the car from my keyfab (which will warm up the car for 10 minutes... do it twice and it will continue for 20 minutes total). You must get into the car and push the start button in order for the electronics to come on.

In addition to learning so much about the C7, she also provided me with a thumb drive which has a "How To" for every part of the vehicle. I will take some time to go through all of the info at some point.

Lastly, if you're not able to figure out how something works with the Infotainment Center, utilize OnStar and have them connect you to "My Link". Once they connect you, ask away... they can answer just about ALL of your questions.

... for those of you wanting to text, it's not available at this time; however, they're hoping to have that upgraded into the current Infotainment System. We shall see :)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Can you send her to Arizona? Haha good stuff. Unfortunately many of us learning by trial and error or these posts. Good to know regarding remote start. I started car remotely but didn't think about hitting start button

·
Registered
11 Posts
Great info! Can you check with her on another Valet Mode question. I did museum delivery and was told that in valet Mode the Active Fuel Management is also locked in V4 mode. I can't find that feature documented anywhere and if you enter Valet Mode it locks your infotainment system as well as the DIC display so you can't see if its in V4. Sounds like it would be a good feature if in fact it's there!

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Here's one I stumbled on...while driving, turn off stereo by push and hold the power button......a very nice clock/date/temp appears when audio is off..

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great info! Can you check with her on another Valet Mode question. I did museum delivery and was told that in valet Mode the Active Fuel Management is also locked in V4 mode. I can't find that feature documented anywhere and if you enter Valet Mode it locks your infotainment system as well as the DIC display so you can't see if its in V4. Sounds like it would be a good feature if in fact it's there!
I was told it does automatically engage the AFM.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Was it Irene? She is awesome.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts