Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been spending the last few evenings on Gran Turismo "The Real Driving Simulator" version 6 (released on Friday December 6th, 2013) driving the new C7 around some of the best tracks in the world.

If you have the Sony Play Station 3 (PS3) with a true wheel, and pedal set-up; it's a great way to get some "seat time" in this awesome car. Gran Turismo 6 (GT6) also includes previous versions of the Corvette, so you can compare how the C7 drives and there really is a difference.

Remember that all of the top racing car drivers in the world spend hours upon hours (on-season and off-season) using driving simulators to learn the tracks, hone their driving skills; which allows them to compete at the highest levels.

For those of us in colder climates who park our cars for the next few months, the investment of around $600 (PS3 + Logitech G25 wheel + GT6 software) for a simulator is the closest we will come to driving our cars.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Agreed, TorqueNews. The initial investment isn't inexpensive.
I have had my set-up for over 5 years now. When you amortize it over that period of time, and compare it to what some people spend at Starbucks each month, it might just be an investment worth making.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts