Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
28-1545HT LT1 6.2 V-8 Hi-Perf Coil-Near-Plug Ignition Wire Connector Kit, w/ High Temp Fire Sleeves - Straight Boot $160.00
28-1545ht.jpg

28-1545HTR LT1 6.2L V-8 Hi-Perf C-N-P Ignition Wire Connector Kit, w/ RED High Temp Fire Sleeves $133.06
28-1545htr.jpg

28-1545HTRB LT1 6.2L V-8 Hi-Perf C-N-P Ignition Wire Connector Kit, w/ RED High Temp Sleeved Cable and Black Fire Sleeve $160.00
The ultimate wire set if you're running headers

28-1545htrb.jpg

28-1545HTY LT1 6.2L V-8 Hi-Perf C-N-P Ignition Wire Connector Kitt, w/ YELLOW High Temp Sleeved Cable $133.06
28-1545hty.jpg

28-1545HTYB LT1 6.2L V-8 Hi-Perf C-N-P Ignition Wire Connector Kit, w/ YELLOW High Temp Sleeved Cable and Black Fire Sleeve $160.39

28-1545htyb.jpg

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are the entry level wires. They all make the same power and all use the same cores. It just come down to preference and if you have headers or turbos

28-1545S LT1 6.2L V-8 Hi-Perf Coil-Near-Plug Ignition Wire Connector Kit -Straight Boot $110.27

28-1545s.jpg
42.jpg

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
28-1545HT LT1 6.2 V-8 Hi-Perf Coil-Near-Plug Ignition Wire Connector Kit, w/ High Temp Fire Sleeves - Straight Boot $160.00
View attachment 1206

28-1545HTR LT1 6.2L V-8 Hi-Perf C-N-P Ignition Wire Connector Kit, w/ RED High Temp Fire Sleeves $133.06
View attachment 1207

28-1545HTRB LT1 6.2L V-8 Hi-Perf C-N-P Ignition Wire Connector Kit, w/ RED High Temp Sleeved Cable and Black Fire Sleeve $160.00

View attachment 1208

28-1545HTY LT1 6.2L V-8 Hi-Perf C-N-P Ignition Wire Connector Kitt, w/ YELLOW High Temp Sleeved Cable $133.06
View attachment 1209

28-1545HTYB LT1 6.2L V-8 Hi-Perf C-N-P Ignition Wire Connector Kit, w/ YELLOW High Temp Sleeved Cable and Black Fire Sleeve $160.39

View attachment 1210
I know by now you must have them installed guys - is no news good news?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does this work by effectively advancing the timing and if so, have you guys done any calculations on how much? Thanks, Robert

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The ignition wire set does not advance the timing. They simply allow the coils to operate at full capacity every time they fire. The stock wires have upwards of 1000+ ohm drop which means you loose something from point A to point B

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Do these comments apply to your wires? Thanks.
HotWire Questions
HotWire Questions
There is no smoke and mirrors here. No capacitors built in - No “its not like a CD Ignition” . It is simply 0 ohm drop. 100% of the energy from the coil to the plug. As if you were using a jumper cable.

Melting pistons – come on

Question:
Why does an engine benefit from a hotter spark?
Answer:
When the spark occurs, all the thermal energy (heat) is transferred to the fuel/air mixture, where it initiates combustion. A hotter spark will transfer more thermal energy and therefore accelerates flame front propagation. The fuel is used more efficiently and engine performance increases.

I agree to this one

Today’s spark plugs really do not wear out unless you mess up the mixture.

True, the factory wires are sufficient in getting energy from the coil to the plug but you’re leaving some on the table, if you are satisfied with the performance and efficiency of 1000 ohm drop ignition wires. However, an improvement in flame propagation does improve combustion and therefore increase engine efficiency which leads to better performance.

I agree - The thickness of the insulation around the wire has absolutely no effect on the power of the spark energy that comes out of it. Nology wires still has an ohm drop and therefore not 100% effiecient. Their claim is that the capacitor increases the energy (output).

Nology takes as shot at our product by say 1000 vs. 100 ohm drop is not that big of a deal. Our answer….Spoken like a company with 1000ohm drop wire

Spark Duration. Duration helps for sure but more so with higher compression or forced induction. In the old days adding duration was a performance trick because we as a whole had less control over the ignition system. Today we know EXACTLY what is going on at every cylinder.

Then they go after MSD

The Granatelli wires have EMI and RFI suppression rings – that is what is primarily covered in our patents

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Purchased and installed. No other mods and Dyno results-422rwhp. Thank you for the sweet inexpensive power adder.
What did the car have on the dyno before the new wires?

·
Registered
115 Posts
It would have been a better comparison if you had a before dyno. All cars don't base dyno the same. Not saying you didn't get the gain.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Actually 422 is about spot on - great job;)

3 different cars spread out over the year

stock they make 405 to 411 on a good dyno run. With the GMS wires 422 makes perfect sense

·
Registered
521 Posts
Went to buy these wires today (28-1545HTY) from the GMS website, since they are offering a 20% discount and got as far as the "select shipping". There's no way it costs $30 for ground to Tampa!!! Felt like a ripoff, so didn't complete my order. SMH

·
Registered
521 Posts
Is purchasing from you the same as from granatellimotorsports.com? If so, first I'd like to know why ground shipping on 8 wires that should weigh under a pound would cost over $30. The impression I got was that of being enticed with a discount, but GMS getting their money back by jacking up the shipping cost. Plus if there's a better shipping rate that can be attained by calling, why is it not available up front? Questionable practices are most definitely not a good way to start a relationship.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Is purchasing from you the same as from granatellimotorsports.com? If so, first I'd like to know why ground shipping on 8 wires that should weigh under a pound would cost over $30. The impression I got was that of being enticed with a discount, but GMS getting their money back by jacking up the shipping cost. Plus if there's a better shipping rate that can be attained by calling, why is it not available up front? Questionable practices are most definitely not a good way to start a relationship.
Our website actually gets the quotes from UPS/FedEx/USPS. All we do is provide the billable weight of the product and that information is sent to their servers. Their servers calculate the shipping price and spits it out to you. They take into consideration the item's cost also. Along with adding a gas surcharge and fee for delivering to a home address (for FedEx/UPS). These are things their server all assumes based on the address provided by our customers.

This is why we ask for our customers to call in so we can give the best prices. You're dealing with a robot that just takes information put in to calculate cost for shipping on our website. If you call in, you're dealing with a person who can provide the best pricing. :cool:

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I ordered mine straight from Joe on the telephone and got what I would have expected as far as shipping. No rip off guys just pick up the telephone, nothing beats a live body on the other end of the line.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts