Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the new GS Tuesday evening and yesterday installed my C7 Carbon, carbon fiber front spitter and side skirts, extended splash guards, GS door sills, rear cargo mat and wheel lugs. Today, I pinstriped the wheels, and filled in the Corvette script on the wheels, and installed my LED footwell lights !

Now, time to drive it !!! Here's a couple of pics in the garage this afternoon.

Richard

GS Wheel with pinstripe and script paint.jpg GS with skirts, splitter, wheel trim.jpg

·
Registered
10,543 Posts
The old one is gone now, huh?

How do you like the new one? Is it behaving well?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, the '16 WARBLE Stingray is at the dealership awaiting transport to Detroit, which should be soon.

As we couldn't get Laguna Blue any longer, and AB wasn't doing it for us, we decided to go for a whole different look..... actually, my wife saw it and liked it. Since we didn't get it until Tues evening I spent part of yesterday installing the front splitter, and side skirts as well as a few other things. We did manage to get out for a short ride as we had to go back to the dealer so they could get pictures of the Hash Mark Decals that do NOT match the Carbon Flash as they are supposed to. The order was correctly placed, and all the factory paperwork is correct, so only thing we can figure is that someone got the wrong ones and installed them. Hopefully, the set that they are requesting will come in Carbon Flash.

The weather wasn't the best here today, but warm enough for me to go ahead and pinstripe the wheels, and paint in the Corvette script on each wheel before it gets cold here again. Good stretch of weather coming up, so we can get some fun miles on it, and with my extended splash guards, and side skirts, I shouldn't be sand blasting the sides.... LOL....

Reactions: whchoc1

·
Registered
10,543 Posts
I am glad to read that GM did right by you, and that you are in a new GS! I am sure they will get the stripes issue worked out. It should be straightforward to get them to put the correct color on that you ordered.

Reactions: Strake

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Richard, a lot of mods completed in a short amount of time, but your C7 masterpiece looks outstanding!! Now get out there and enjoy that awesome weather while wheeling around PA!

SF
Rick

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Rick !!!

Now that I have some of the important goodies installed, to keep it from getting sandblasted from what the front wheels throw up, we can get out and enjoy.... Stunning weather here today and through the weekend..... hope to get some miles on now...

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just realized, I forgot to install our 3rd brake light decal "Grand Sport"........ better to do that one when it's dark outside to get it to align best with the lights.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Added the 3rd Brake Light Decal this evening.... that's about it for the immediate updates to the new car.
3rd Brake Like GS.jpg GS 3rd brake light decal.jpg

·
Registered
7,930 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rick,

Oh..... that was the optional, "double image in the rear window" version of the sticker.... only $.99 more LOL.....

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I bought a small, 1 oz jar of Torch Red Touch Up paint. Wiped the area clean with alcohol and let it dry. Used blue painter's tape to mask of around the embossed area. Painted in the embossed area by hand doing my best to stay in the embossed area. Let it sit for about 10 or 15 minutes. Took a paper towel folded up several times into about a 2" X 3" pad and put a small amount of Mineral Skirts (paint thinner) on it. Then just wipe the top surface area, without pushing down into the embossed area. It will take off everything that doesn't belong, and leaves the paint in the embossed area. Repeat if necessary on wiping off any excess. Remove blue tape. Done ! Took about 15 minutes per wheel.

Reactions: U.S. Marine

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Really looks great. Tasteful and classy. Nice!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you...... now that all the goodies have been added, and I washed it yesterday afternoon, today's project will be to hit it with the Porter Cable polisher and then Crystal Seal it.... then back to driving it again !

·
Registered
74 Posts
Can I ask where did you get the Decal for rear brake light that says Grand Sport Traded my 16 in Sat and having it built.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Jim,

Got the GS 3rd brake light decal on flea bay... vendor is from Canada. Takes about a week to 10 days to show up, due to customs. I've bought twice from him, one for our former '16 Stingray, and again not long ago for the Grand Sport. There is a drop down menu to choose which style you want to order.

Chevy Corvette StingRay C7 3rd brake light decal 2014 2015 2016 2017 | eBay

as for the Crystal seal, YES it is a paint protection. I bought Blackfire "Polish and Seal" that I used, with my Porter Cable Polisher, after clay barring the car, washing with Dawn dish soap, and finally the Blackfire Crystal Sealant.... a 4 oz spray bottle should do about 10 or more cars.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts