Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Introducing the "Better Than a Brush" wheel scrubber. This little scrubber will save you time and effort each time you clean your wheels.

For a limited time, we want you to try the scrubber yourself for FREE and let us know what you think. The photos below are actual photo's as we washed the wheel using the "Better Than a Brush" scrubber. We did not use any heavy wheel cleaner either, just water and regular car washing soap.

Brush 1.jpg
Brush 2.jpg
Brush 3.jpg
Brush 4.jpg
Brush 5.jpg
Better_Than_A_Brush_Wheel_Scrubber__21601.1467396466.1280.1280.jpg

We use this brush on all our cars now. It really does make the wheel cleaning job much easier.

To get your free sample (including free shipping), please place your order via our website:

ZIC Motorsports: Free Brush!

At Checkout, Enter Coupon Code: Brush

First 5 Orders are FREE!

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Tom

ZIC Motorsports

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Order placed

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Tom, what is the material made of and would it scratch chrome wheels?

SF
Rick

·
Registered
10,227 Posts
Hi Tom,

I would be interested in this brush if the handle were longer. The distance from the tip of the brush to the end of the handle needs to be approximately a foot and a half to be able to have enough room on the handle for a person's hand to comfortably grasp the brush while leaving enough length available to reach the whole way back in the barrel of a Z06 wheel.

Thank you for considering my input for a future product.

-Rodney

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Guess you did the 5 already. Code said invalid. Looks like a longer handle would be helpful to get the inner rim cleaned.

·
Registered
885 Posts
X2 I missed out as well... And yes a longer handle would improve it for reaching into the barrel of the wheel.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Tom, what is the material made of and would it scratch chrome wheels?

SF
Rick
Good question Rick, i was wondering the same thing. It could be too abrasive for painted finishes. There does appear to be hairline scratches on the wheels above.. of course no way of knowing when they were created.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello,

Thank you everyone for your interest in the "Better Than a Brush" wheel scrubber. For the 5 initial orders placed, your free trail scrubber will be mailed out today.

This wheel scrubber is actual made by Boss Products www.bossproducts.net. The brush scrubbing pad, plus other pads that are produced, are made out of a patented material here in the USA. Believe it or not they are non-abrasive and safe on all your exterior surfaces. As I'm sure a lot of you may be skeptical, we were skeptical at first too. We use the "Better Than a Brush" scrubber on our shop Stingray wheels and really do like it. Boss Products also offers great cleaning pads called "The Love Bug Eraser" and "Bugs Off". These pads are just awesome in cleaning the bugs off your vehicle after a long road trip, again non-abrasive. Both pads are technically the same material, just different colors used for different marketing purposes.

Love Bug Eraser Cleaning Pad Link
Bugs Off Cleaning Pad Link

You will notice several similar looking products available on the market. Most are made in China and can be abrasive. We only trust the "Made in USA" BOSS Product on our vehicles.

We have asked to see if the handle can be made longer on the brush. Unfortunately, this is the only length being offered as most vehicles on the road have narrower wheels than our Stingrays. If there is enough interest for longer handle in the future, it will be considered.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Thank you again.

Tom

ZIC Motorsports

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good question Rick, i was wondering the same thing. It could be too abrasive for painted finishes. There does appear to be hairline scratches on the wheels above.. of course no way of knowing when they were created.
The photos that we include above are of the actual wheel cleaning process. The lines that may look like scratches are actually hard water stains. After we cleaned the wheel we just wiped it down with a moist towel. Since we didn't wipe it down fully, the water dried leaving some hard water lines.

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Frank, I'm one of the "guinea pigs." :) I ordered mine yesterday afternoon and received notice that it was shipped today. I'll definitely post my review.

·
Administrator
15,144 Posts
Frank, I'm one of the "guinea pigs." :) I ordered mine yesterday afternoon and received notice that it was shipped today. I'll definitely post my review.
Likewise :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I did not get a chance to put in the code before it flashed and went through PayPal. I would like information on applying that code to my account.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
^^^ Like I said, if you guys recommend something, i and many others will certainly take note ;)

·
Registered
3,193 Posts

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
OK guys, I received my brush this morning. My first reaction was that the pad was abrasive and would scratch the wheels. Not so. I tested it on a stainless steel coffee mug and no scratches. On my Z51 style wheels it works great (although I wish my wheels were dirtier so I could do a better test). Total length is 12" so it reaches the entire wheel drum but as Rodney posted it should be longer for rear Z06 and GS wheels.

It cleans up quickly and easily. Obviously, I don't know how long the pad will last but for $6, the cost is not a big deal.

IMG_20171002_113326_hdr.jpg
IMG_20171002_113003_hdr.jpg

·
Registered
885 Posts
I am awaiting the review by those that have received this wheel brush.
I happen to be in the garage today and to my surprise there was that same brush buried under a bunch of micro fibers on my cleaning cart. It was un used as i must have forgotten about it. I did check and find i purchased it some time ago from Griots. I'm sure folks will use there own due diligence on this but i might point out there is at least a couple of reviews on Amazon for this brush complaining of small scratches left by this brush. In all fairness the raters write they are using the tool for there daily drivers and it does work well but for there more discerning cleaning jobs on those "special" rides they are avoiding it. Not that anyone on this site would be this OCD ( like me for instance) but this rater i believe used a 10x magnifying loop to inspect his newly clear coated wheels and believed this tool left scratches. I'm sure like me many of you I hate it when folks get out their 10X magnifying loop and inspect my wheels when I am fueling up.
Perhaps that is why i tossed it on the bottom shelve and have yet to try it ?
Also some reports of it falling apart easily if it catches on anything etc.

JMO

·
18,663 Posts
Mine arrived today, and while I am not fussy about my barrel’s appearances, the brush could have some sand or dirt trapped in it, and consequently could cause minute, surface appearance scratches. Just my $0.02 — for I have not tried them out. I will try them out when I wash one of my daily drivers next.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
good point John, as with all cleaning aids, prep, plus a good frequent rinse of the cleaning material is paramount. Enjoy your new toys!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts