Stingray Corvette Forum banner

Greetings from a new member

1K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  Norm 
#1 · (Edited)
Just wanted to say hello to you. I have been out of the Corvette community for about 10 years. I still live in Bowling Green Kentucky however. Last week I bought a convertible Night Race Blue Z51 LT3 from Kerbeck. It should be delivered here on Wednesday morning. Last Corvette that I owned was a 1994 Doug Rippie car. Sure wish I could have gotten one local, but Kerbeck had the car I had been searching for. I like this forum, well done!

#5 ·
Welcome to the forum, Roger!

#6 ·
Roger, welcome aboard and congrats on your vert.

SF
Rick

#8 ·
Welcome to our forum Rogerdiddy and congrats on your new NRB Vette!:cool:

#17 ·
Now that is a real reason for celebration Rogerdiddy! Congratulations on your daughter's baby :cool:

#18 ·
Congratulations on the arrival of your granddaughter, Roger!

Reactions: Rogerdiddy
#19 ·
Maybe it's time for an update to this thread. I traded the 14 NRB for a 15 TR Z51 coupe, loved the convenience of the drop top, but loved the look of the coupe and the extra space was needed. I put about 6k miles on each car. When I saw the Z06, I feel in love with its looks and its performance. So two weeks ago I traded the TR for a new AW 2016 Z06. Saturday it finally rolled over 500 miles and yesterday I had the oil changed. I added a Stage 3 kit to it, but I'm on the fence as to its appearance now that it's on the car. I will definitely keep it for the track, off for the strip. Busa Dave said the kit makes the car look like a poser....maybe. I guess that kinda struck a nerve with me, as I sometimes feel the same. Looking like a character doesn't mean you have character. So, it's a good thing it's all easily adjustable and removable. Problems with the three? The 14, zero. Best assembled of the three. Also the quietist on the road, convertible, go figure. The 15, facia panel misalignment, constant burning oil smell, pulsating brakes. All taken care of at the dealer, except for the oil smell. The 16, brake squeal right front, loose shield on right brake front, front facia panel not aligned, too tight causing the paint to flake off. As for the repair, brakes not seated yet, the rest already taken care of by the dealer. So, happy customer? You bet. These are just part of the ownership experience. Hell, I know a lot of the guys at the plant, and they bend over backwards to make these cars as perfect as they can, but some variation exists in all processes, no matter how much SPC and Lean manufacturing are in place. Still love the cars. Of course I love the Z06, if that's possible for an inanimate object. But I have to say I do miss the 14 convertible.

And my granddaughter is now 19 months old and thriving! The passage of time is so quick these days. I just turned 66 and I am reminded of this fact every time I look in the mirror. So gentlemen, if you aren't happy do something about it because you're dead a long time. Ok, sorry for the sermon, just an old guy reflecting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.