Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all! Truly excited to join your hallowed pages. Just received my 2015 Stingray Z-51 Manual Coupe in Silver with Black Stinger, Mirrors, Spoiler and Wheels. Had to do red on the calipers. To coin an outdated term, the red really makes them "Pop". LT3 Black interior. May need to go back to school to learn how to use the infotainment system effectively.

Obviously, we are still in the break-in period but even without being able to rev it up I must say it was worth the wait. Ordered on June 26th, received on August 27th. Yes, I actually ordered before the prices were released. I really don't like waiting. I now have two Silver Z-51's, the C-7 and a C-5. I prefer the 15 year mid-life crisis beginning when I ordered the C-5 as apposed to the alternative over-compensating option. Unfortunately all of my rebuttal witnesses tend to be of the hostile nature and therefor not much help.

As a former Marine I want to say Semper Fi to all of my brave brothers and sisters in arms as well as an enthusiastic Texas style Howdy to the rest of the forum members. Happy to join your ranks.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
KanDu, welcome aboard and congrats on your new C7 masterpiece!! It won't take long to pass the break in period and then you can drive the wheels off it. What type of mods are you planning? When you get a chance post a picture of both Vettes together.

Semper Fi
Rick

·
Registered
445 Posts
Welcome to the club and great color choice.

·
Premium Member
1,024 Posts
KanDo, welcome from a fellow Texan! Great color choice and Thank You for your service!

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
KanDu welcome, I get down to Deer Park 4 to 5 times a year so if some crazy guy is waving and giving you the thumbs up, it just me admiring your ride.

·
Administrator
16,302 Posts
Welcome to our forum KanDu and congrats on your stunning '15 Stingray! :cool:

·
Registered
456 Posts
Greetings from Austin and congrats on the car!

Thanks for your service!

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Welcome to the site Marine! Thanks for your service and enjoy your new ride. You earned it!

·
18,670 Posts
Welcome to StingRay Forums!!! Congratulations on your beautiful ride. Saw its identical twin just yesterday, and it was/is a very, very nice looking StingRay!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
U.S. Marine, Semper Fi and thanks for the welcome. You were correct. A quick trip to Tennessee took care of that break-in. Took some scenic back roads to vary the RPMs. After getting the oil changed had a little fun with a gorgeous red Grand Sport not 15 miles later. Haven't thought too much about the mods. My plan is to sell the C-5 at some point and add a supercharger for fun. The Edelbrock claims 200+ HP and doesn't void the warranty or hurt the emissions. Any thoughts or knowledge about that? I have also been considering having it lowered a little. The front especially seems so high. Of course the windows need some tint, at least in the back.

I'm not much of a photographer but I'll try to attach the shot you requested.

MyZ-51s.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
To everyone,

Thank you for the warm welcome. We look forward to many interesting and informative confabs. By the way, does anyone know exactly how 53,000 becomes 80,000? Oh, I know. Its called 2 options. Whatever, its worth it and more. I'll certainly do it again. Can't wait to find another reason to go somewhere.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
KanDu, you have two fine looking Vettes there! You can lower your C7 with no hassle, check out the "How to section" several members have lowered their C7.

SF
Rick

1 - 13 of 13 Posts