Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am glad to have found this site and look forward to getting a C7 although I am still in love with my 2009 ZHZ. Have had Corvettes since about 1979 when I finally got tired of the maintenance costs of my Porsche turbo. I had both a manual and automatic 1998 Pace Car, then a 98 coupe, 99 coupe and now my 2009 ZHZ of which only 375 were made. Although I am already 83 and time is running out I will always have a corvette.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Welcome to the site c5a!! That is awesome that you are 83 and going to be picking one of these up. You are young at heart. Welcome aboard sir, it's a great pleasure to have you here with us!!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Am happy to post a couple pictures of my ZHZ. It is such a joy to drive. I have hard wired the dual exahust so I can control it from the console. Love the sound but it does get loud climbing hills when on a long trip.
2009 ZHZ 038.jpg 2009 ZHZ 044.jpg

Reactions: smalltowngirl13

·
Registered
174 Posts
c5a - just curious; I'm ordering a c7 when my number comes up; definitely thought I'd order it with it a 7 speed stick, but now I'm reading about the paddle shifter and MAY decide on it instead. I'd love to hear your thoughts. Love your '09, btw.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Auto vs. 7 speed

I'm in the same boat. I want my wife to enjoy it, but she prefers auto. Do you think the remote start will be exclusive to the auto?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In 1998 I bought a new manual Pace Car but after 3 years sold it and bought a '98 Pace Car auto and much prefer the auto. Maybe it is a sign of old age and less work?? I find I rarely even use the paddles on my '09 ZHZ auto except for compression down hills. The auto does such a good job I really can't improve on it.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Always drove a Manual. My Pop was a mechanic old school,Guess I'll drive a manual until I can't anymore.:(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts