Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While most will agree GM did an amazing job with the new C7 styling, some of us just want to make a few changes here or there. Whether it's to make yours a "little" different for the local/national Corvette Club meet, or just something that we feel we just have to have! Its those little changes that make it our own.

Personally, I really like all of the vents and mesh around the car. It really gives it quite the exotic feel while complimenting the edgy lines that GM brought to us with glee! GM has to be concerned with mass production costs, while we have the freedom to hit the aftermarket for our flavors.

Enter RaceMesh Grilles! I've had the opportunity to work on a custom grill project with them that will be unveiled at the National Corvette Museum Bash this upcoming weekend when I unveil my Weapon7 aero kit! I'm very pleased with what they currently had, but wanted a slightly different look for my C7.

We're proud to offer the current line up from RaceMesh Grilles as well. They've given you guys a lot of choices in their standard high quality mesh to their new thicker "Gothic" mesh which I like as well.

They also have a variety of colors including:
Stainless Stainless
Electro Polished Stainless Steel
Black Wrinkle
Black Chrome
Snow Leopard
Body Color Matching Frames

Options are as follows:
Front Bumper grill in one piece for a solid look
Front Bumper grill in the OEM chambered look
Front Fender extraction vent ducts
Rear Fender induction vent ducts
Tail Light Bezel extraction vents

Here are some pictures of their high quality mesh in various finishes. Keep in mind if you're after a darker look, the Black Wrinkle and Black Chrome really subtly add to your blacked out look and/or wheels etc! :rock:

Here's a link to the various products and options and please keep in mind, I can make you guys some package deals too!

The C7 Shop by Weapon X Motorsports ? AERO COUTURE

One Piece Grill

Gothic mesh

Chambered Grill

·
Registered
533 Posts
Put me on your list as soon as my 2015 TSG gets here'

Reactions: weaponX

·
Registered
533 Posts
Do you offer a Pkg Deal?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I went to Chevy parts at the dealer yesterday and inquired if a GM mesh grill was available for the 2014 stingray. The rep checked and advised me it was $200 plus dollars. Does anyone have a pic of it installed on the vehicle.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Vettefx.com just put on today. No more retainer :). Also got expel ultimate on the car front bumper, hood, door sills, under the back bumper and side fenders. 20% tint all around, black wheel locks all around. 7 coats of wax all done by hand, used the Zaino process. Wash, clay, wax, seal. Looks amazing! Now if only it wasn't so windy in Albuquerque. Next mod, interior stitching, want it red.

ImageUploadedByCorvette Stingray Forum1398540734.951922.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
699 Posts
Vettefx.com just put on today. No more retainer :). Also got expel ultimate on the car front bumper, hood, door sills, under the back bumper and side fenders. 20% tint all around, black wheel locks all around. 7 coats of wax all done by hand, used the Zaino process. Wash, clay, wax, seal. Looks amazing! Now if only it wasn't so windy in Albuquerque. Next mod, interior stitching, want it red.

View attachment 6737

I have the Vettefx just waiting for my Vette to get home. The results in seeing look really good so far on the forum.

MKZDRM

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
I'm tempted to install the vettefx blackout treatment in the museum parking lot (taking museum delivery). That's how much I dislike the chrome braces look.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

Reactions: weaponX

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm tempted to install the vettefx blackout treatment in the museum parking lot (taking museum delivery). That's how much I dislike the chrome braces look.

I have the blackout trim piece from them that I didn't use if you want it just LMK. We just wrapped it while the car was in for the aero kit install (well because I forgot to bring it and wanted it done ASAP lol)

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

shipped today bro

·
Registered
211 Posts
This will be sick looking on my black 2014 vette.
Straight black grill.
Will get the car in June.
Prune on your list.

Alias Frankie!

·
Registered
5,453 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
7 coats??? okay, but technology has come far since then...I can save you a lot of time but you zaino guys are hard to sway...I realize that....

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum...sions/3995-detailed-nrb-c7-thanks-glen-e.html
Hey glen, 7 coats is a bit extreme I suppose (looks good though lol). I guess it's just something to do, especially with this windy Albuquerque weather, all this dust the last few weeks have kept my car in the garage!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ok just got home from Chevy dealer and I'm big time disappointed. The mesh grill that was suppose to arrive today did come in but it was the original grill for the 2014 Stingray. Parts Manager contacted GM and was advised their is a glitch in the parts system which indicates a Mesh grill is available for the 2014 but it is NOT. The mesh grill is only available for the 2013 and older corvettes. I should have known it was too early for official GM aftermarket grills. Well I guess I can fork over $600 plus for a racemesh grill or wait for a true GM grill. At minimum I will have to have the chrome center piece painted black.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts